Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting Private Land

Old 02-17-2002, 05:58 PM

Default Hunting Private Land

Does anyone know if there are people in Pennsylvania that rent hunting cabins/vacation homes by the week. Somewhere that has an ample amount of game. I am taking my son on his first deer hunt this coming season. I would really like to hunt private ground if possible. I would even consider renting asmall motor home to hunt on private property.
Thank you very mch for your time
--------------------

Thanks for all the great help

Old 02-21-2002, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Hunting Private Land

TopCop, dont know much about Pa. but in the past I have looked for large tracts of public land in some of our more southern states and stayed at campgrounds. The KOA kamping kabins are very nice, especialy the two room ones with the kitchen. If you ask around there are usualy private lands with limited entry that can be hunted for the asking. Talk to the local game warden and ask for any private holdings the allow hunting. My family hunted for several years because I wrote a coal company and asked permision to hunt there lands. They stoped all hunting on there lands due to vandalism but a kind letter, with much understanding, gained me and my father access when everyone else was cussing them. Ask around, usualy it will take a couple of trips which wont be as big a problem as it sounds as you will always be thinking "next time I will...." Good luck.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting Private Land

Top Cop there is a rental camp thaat is advertised in the Pennsylvania Sportsman magazine most of he time. I looked in the last issue and was unable to find it . The cabin is located in McClure which is on 522 between Lewistown and Lewisburg. If I see the ad again I will email you, Are you PSP.