Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

? for elknut1 on elk calls

Old 04-18-2004, 08:27 PM

Default RE: ? for elknut1 on elk calls

Obviously you boys "living" in the moutains have much more experience and have probably harvested or seen more bulls than I, although I'll through my 1.5 cents worth in on cow calls for the heck of it. I have a few calls, but really like the "cow talk" bite down rubber band call. I can get many different sounds out of it.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

You guys are right in the use of some of the cow calls you use, most ones have great tones, it's just a matter of controlling them into making the correct sounds of cows.

whitetails&muskies---I too like using the "Cow Talk" call, it's especially good for calf sounds like squeals and distress sounds. One of my personal favorites with that call that most won't make are those strain your ears to hear cow calls, there are times that's all you want to use! Especially for Call&Stalk with 2 hunters!

121553----Thanks! but the site you mentioned is www.stickbow.com or www.bowsite.com ---it's actually on the bowsite one.--elknut1
Old 04-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

SLAP !!!! SLAP !!! My apology, its stickbow, not stickbows. It has no "s". Now go back and finish that fourth tape nut. Bobby
Old 04-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will not even come close to professing I am in anywhere the same league as elknut or many others on this board interms of elk hunting but in my situation I welcomed the fact the "Hoochie Mama" worked in tone and simplicity for an adaption to my calling. I have found success using this call with the traditional diaphram/reed cow calls for simulating a herd moving and it has worked to draw the interest of bulls to my location. The fact I can simply squeeze and blow allows me to not comprimise my tone or calls to create what some can do with just one call. Like I said I am a wanna be but the hoochie mama has found its way into my pack and arsenal come elk season. By no means will it replace a diaphram or my lead cow reed call but I never bought it to do that, rather simply be added to for cow/calf talk and in combination. Also we do a lot of hunting by oursleves so I can't rely on another guy to be around to help make my calling more believable/realistic. The most important thing to me is it works and I can do it...for now anyway, I am happy to say I am a sucker who owns/uses a squeeze call[&:].