Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hog Hunting in KS?

Old 03-20-2004, 10:53 PM

Default Hog Hunting in KS?

Hi all! I posted this in another forum but got no response. I hope y'all can help. I recently received orders to go to Ft. Riley, KS (Army) and would like to know if there are any guides in the Eastern part of the state that do hog hunts. I owe my son a hog hunt so I need to find somebody that can do it. I have been looking online but have come up empty on hogs. Are there any hogs in KS? I would also like to find somebody that hunts with dogs too, preferrably knife hunts for hogs. I did one last year and REALLY want to do another. Any and all info will be helpful. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting in KS?

There aren't any hog hunts in Ks. that I'm aware of, and if there is they will be in an inclosuer. I know there is no season for them, so like I said, it would have to be on some ranch that is high fenced, or really good low fenced for hogs
Old 03-23-2004, 10:17 AM

At one time there was some ferals on Ft Riley but since the hogs found no hunting pressure on the "impact area" on the fort and you couldnt get to them they were impossible to hunt. The fort allowed the helicopter gunships have open season was the rumor. the closet place ive found is in Oklahoma.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:14 AM

That's about what I expected. Bummer!

Oklahoma is a possibility. I think OKC is only about 5 hours away and I have family in that area. Mitchmedic, whereabouts in Ok? Got any contact info? I would really appreciate it. If anybody knows of anywhere closer please speak up. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:12 PM

blood give me a email. [email protected]