Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Ontario Bear Hunting

Old 03-16-2004, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ontario Bear Hunting

Hello all, I am new to the site, so i hope i am posting correctly. Was wondering if anyone knows if it is still possible to do a do-it-yourself for blackies in ontario. My dad used to do it in the late '60s and early '70s. Thanks for any info.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:17 PM

Default RE: Ontario Bear Hunting

Carp
I think the simple answere to your question is, No. However it's pretty easy for a non-resident to hunt bear in Ontario. You would need to contact someone who has been assigned a "bear management" area to issue that certificate to you. It sounds more complicated than it is. I know one such person who is located in the Huntsville area of Ontario, about 2 hrs. north of Toronto who accommodates several U.S. hunters every fall and has a high rate of success. You know of course the spring bear hunt was cancelled here a few years ago so only fall hunting is available. The upside is there are many more bears around now to the point of becoming a major nuisance.

I'd suggest you have a look at the Ontario Hunting Regs. If you click the link I've included it'll take you to the regs in PDF format. Scroll down to page 77 & 78 and read about it. If you'd like me to get the name and contact info of the person I refered to send me an email. gg.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/pubs/hu...003/hr2003.pdf
Old 03-21-2004, 10:50 AM

Shoot me an e-mail [email protected] I have an Outfitter looking for a group of 4 hunters. Semi-guided. VERY economical hunt....
Old 03-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the info guys, I am a "poor" college student in the big rapids michigan area and was hoping to do something adventurous in another state/country for cheap, guess I'll just end up enjoying some trout fishing or something. Appreciate the help.