Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Oryx - Pictures

Old 02-02-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Oryx - Pictures

Just returned from my Once-in-a-Lifetime hunt on WSMR in New Mexico. Seen lots of animals but focused in on the one I harvested.

Had spotted him from 1.5 miles away. I positioned myself on the next smaller ridge to the west and had my Brother and Daughter go up and try and push them to me. They came over the ridge but farther down than expected. Focused in and decided to try the shot. It was about 500 yards with a trotting animal. Using a 300 Rem ultra mag. Dropped him with a great shot in the front shoulder.

Bases 7", Lenth - 35 1/4".

Can't wait to taste him.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Oryx - Pictures

Gorgeous animal - congratulations ! I just built up a site, edited your photo a bit and wanted to try posting ... hope you don't mind ??

Old 02-02-2004, 02:01 PM

Thanks stealthycat,

Oh by the way I am in the middle, my daughter to the right, and my brother to the left.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats. I take alot of hunter on the Fort Bliss Orxy hunt. I know a great taxidermist if you are looking for one. He is here in El Paso. Cost you about $750.00 . It will take him about 6 months to get it done . But very well worth the time and money. It is Garcia Taxidermist. I got a chance last year to kill one for myself. He was 7 1/4 around the base and 41 3/4 long on both sides. I love the meat, but if cooked to long ot os very dry. These Oryx here are about 98% lean, But VERY GOOD TO EAT. You might look into putting in for the Texas hunt. It is a draw once in a lifetime hunt, but in a different state. If you get Drawn it will only cost you $45.00 for a special 5 day hunting license. You will also need to have a hunters safty card with you no matter what state it is from. The military dont care where you come from. Might give it a thought.

Nice Bull
Hunter 338
Old 02-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on your Oryx kill!!
Old 02-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Typical Buck

dperry------Nice one ! When did you hunt? I hunted the Stallion Range this past weekend----1/31-2/1. I also got a nice bull. 39 1/4----38 with 7 3/8 bases. Rough scored 90 3/8 SCI. It sure was a great huint. To bad it's once in a lifetime.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:41 PM

Nice Trophy, Congrats... Unique animal also!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:21 AM

Who cares about the Oryx, That's a nice Looking Daughter you have there!

Congrat's on the Oryx! I think you got lucky on that shot. 500 yards on a
trotting animal, very lucky IMO!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:22 AM

Hey Co Bob,

Yes Stallion range on the same hunt as you. Nice Bull you got also. Did you get yours on Saturday or Sunday? I got mine on Saturday afternoon. I was just wondering how the animals were reacting to the cold front that moved in?

OregunHntr,

Pure skill on the shot. Right through the front shoulder.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

I shot mine about 10AM on Saturday. My buddy shot his late Saturday afternoon. We were 68 & 69 to check out. I got mine in the foothills to the east. There were a couple of junior hunters both were young ladies from Farmington there also do you happen to know if they scored? Have you heard on the success %.

Quick Reply: Oryx - Pictures

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.