Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Goat hunt in BC

Old 01-24-2004, 08:10 AM

Default Goat hunt in BC

looking into a goat hunt in BC does anyone have past exp. tips and sugestions on outfitter and tips on gear, sugested bullet type, thinking about south east kootananys
Old 01-25-2004, 11:42 PM

Default RE: Goat hunt in BC

Rbou:

Visit our website at www.kispioxvalleyoutfitters.com or call my outfitter Allan or Clint Larson at 1-250-8475148 for Goat hunt details. Our area is located at NW B.C. . Look forward to hearing from you.

Shin, Owner of Kispiox Valley Outfitters
Old 01-27-2004, 11:13 PM

HEY HASNT ANY ONE HUNTED MOUTIAN GOAT
Old 02-02-2004, 11:50 PM

hi. rbou
i am new to to this site and i have hunted goats in the kootneys. testing to see if my message is going thru. will give you the information on my 2 goat hunts once i able to post.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:01 AM

testing
Old 02-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Spike

Rbou
check out this list on our Local guide outfitters, click on the ball by the names and it will give you all the info you need.
hope this helps
Steve

http://www.goabc.org/html/kootenay_list.htm
Old 02-03-2004, 08:12 PM

I'm not sure about where to go in BC, i was successfull this season on a montana goat, i used a 270 winchester with 140 grain ballistic tips, shot it through the shoulders, and it dropped in it's tracks, very important when you get into goats in the cliffs to drop it on the spot if at all possible, i talked to another hunter who shot it through the lungs, the billy launched off a cliff, dropped 170 feet, busted both horns and punched a hole below the eye, i think the taxidermist will earn his fee on that one. The only advice i can add, GET IN SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!, you will have sore muscles that you never knew you had. If i was going this fall, knowing what i know now, i would climb the steepest hills i could find, with a full pack. Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed the hunt immensly, but it takes alot of gas to get up to them goats, and pack one down when your done.
Good Luck(wish i was going again)
Old 02-04-2004, 06:42 PM

hi rbou
i am having trouble posting here do to fire wall problems
Old 02-04-2004, 07:04 PM

hi. rbou
i guess i was trying to put too much info in this space, the reason for not being able to post.
i have hunted in the kootneys the past 17 years with backpack and tent mainly for bighorn rams and have seem many goats. in 2002 i was drawn for goat. i did a 21 day combo sheep/goat hunt. on my 10th day of the goat hunt in mid november i harvest a beautiful 91/2" billy. in 2003 my wife harvest a 9" goat and i was fortunate to take a 101/4" billy. the later and colder in the season the cape is long and plush but the conditions are harsh, deep snow and minus 20 below. you must get into very good shape as winter coditions are extreme unlike dry ground and be able to go that extra mile for your trophy. i find the stairmachine is close to climbing. spend at least 1 hour on it combine with the sitting, standing calf machine plus inverted and stationary quad station
Old 02-04-2004, 08:12 PM

rbou con't
workout 5 days a week and for at least 3 months pior to your hunt.
research and study goats as they are one of the hardest animals to judge. a 8" billy is average 9" is good 10" is great.top of the line binoculars in 10x40 and spotting is a must. billy's tend to be the more steeper , rugged mountians and are alone or small groups up to 3. they are a stay at home animal and very predictable in bedding and feeding habits. study this well pior to your stalk, keep out of sight and watch the mountian thermals.
well broken in top of the line hiking boots with gators, ice crampons,best in wool socks and lots of foot and body warmers. try to hunt in november as the long plush hair makes an outstanding mount.

Quick Reply: Goat hunt in BC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.