Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

WY region E Help w/Mulies Please

Old 01-16-2004, 10:06 AM

Default WY region E Help w/Mulies Please

Ladies And Gents

Just found out the ranch I hunted Muledeer for years in Wyoming region "J" just sold. So I guess we're off to public ground in region "E" there just isn't much access for the public in "J."
Thought I'd take a look at units 92, 160, and 97 in "E". Big hunks of BLM ground, the draw is good, and the stats aren't bad for Mule Deer
If anyone could help line me out I'd sure appreciate it. Not looking for your honey hole, just some good places to start scouting when the snow comes off.
Have horses will pack.
Can line you out in Colorado in return

Thanks
Todd Smith
[email protected]

I don't suffer from insanity! I enjoy every minute of it.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WY region E Help w/Mulies Please

hi there...
need some info here. im a resident, where is that region? let me know. are you stuck on going there? bow or gun? trophy expectations? i will help, lifelong wyoming resident. just need some details. email me or post here
[email protected]
brad

good luck on your hunt
Old 01-18-2004, 01:24 PM

Hey Brad
Thanks for responding. No, I'm not stuck on "E," especially if you have a better idea.
As for me, I'm a rifle hunter with a great deal of experience. I have horses and all the gear to go with them. And I'll do whatever takes to get after a big Mulie. The bucks I'm looking for are 160 and up. If he isn't at least 27 wide, deep in the forks and carrying some good mass, I'll eat tag soup. And Ya I know that can be a tall order on public ground.
The part of "E" I'm looking at is south and east of Lander, below the Wind River Indian Reservation. But like I said, If you have a better Idea I'm all ears.

Any help you could lend would really be appreciated.
If you send me your # we'll put it on my dime.

Thanks again
Todd Smith
Old 01-18-2004, 08:42 PM
jjt

todd

i hate to send you somewhere else but finding muley info on hunting.net is a tall order i have been here for over 2 years and when muley questions pop up they slide to the bottom quickly

you might try monstermuleys.com i am not sure how many wyomingites there are on that site but there are alot more people that know where to hunt in wyoming and there are alot looser lips there

as for me i have never hunted reg. E or anywhere near there sorry
Old 01-19-2004, 09:30 AM

Thanks for the tip on MM. I'm there also.

Todd