Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Lion hunt video....must see!!

Old 02-25-2004, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lion hunt video....must see!!

Thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 07:28 AM

Hunting dangerous game is not for everyone, and having hunted a lot of DG professionally, I can say that this hunter, as well as his PH, was not ready for the challenge. I had a client a few years back that couldn't shoot worth a damn, he gutshot three animals at less than 100 yards, bad cases of buck fever. The landowner where we were hunting asked me to take out a problem leopard that was getting bold enough to come and lay on the front porch of the farmhouse. The client got excited, thinking he was going to be in on a leopard hunt! There is not one animal on the planet as dangerous as a gutshot leopard. Bar none! I had to pass, because I couldn't just leave the client behind to go hunting on my own. Three days later, at three in the morning, I shot the leopard off the top of my 'cruiser with a .375. The client never even woke up from his tent 40 yards away!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

this was totaly insane ,I'm glad I wasn't there .

nubo
Old 03-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a dumba$$.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Spike

The site with video won't open...
Old 03-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

try this one if you wanna it's scary don't b a fraidy cat ok>>

www.superslamcountdown

Old 03-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

dang it the page expired but i have saved in my pic file if you write down the address and go there it should be accessable..
Old 03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

You have hunted Dangerous game when the animal you are hunting is on your IQ level and carring the same Weapons that you are. Until then you are just out for another kill. I love hunting but how many times is there really any contest involved when its man VS animal? What percentage of the time does any species of animal win that contest? Like I said I have hunted all my life but there is really only one real dangerous animal we may ever have to face. I hunt partly for some of our meat and partly just to be outdoors and mostly because I enjoy the sport of hunting. The game does not matter much it may be a deer or a goose or a Bear. But unless you leave your brain(Our most important weapon) at home, we are much more apt to be killed on the way to a hunting trip than by any animal once we arrive.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

I love hunting but how many times is there really any contest involved when its man VS animal? What percentage of the time does any species of animal win that contest?
Interesting point. It depends on the rules of the game to me. I elk and muley hunt with a bow sometimes. On who "wins" or "loses" depends on whether or not you can successfully stalk and take that animal. That animals goal is self preservation. Its keen senses are its weapons. We have a little unofficial scoreboard when we hunt that if we stalk an animal and it "catches" us then the animal wins that battle. If it just moves off not knowing we were there then its a draw.

In my experience based on those rules the animal usually wins that contest. I know your point was about dangerous game, but the rules you propose are more towards war I would think. I'm just thinking in a different perspective.

If the animal turns and hurts or kills you then I'd say it just changed the rules in that contest. [&:]
Old 03-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rather Be You are 100 percent correct from the view you are looking at. I am doing some research on how many hunters are killed by the animals they hunt. How dangerous is what we call D G? There are always extreme cases which crop up. But with several Armed people in a hunting groups armed with rifles that will kill any animal that ever walked the earth, just how often does the animal suceed in killing the hunter? In the vidio I was certainly not cheering for the Lion but his fate was sealed from the begining. Hunting most often means killing the animal. I have certainly killed at least my share of gritters. I get a little tired however of the attitude that if you don't hunt something that can kill you then your not really a hunter at all but just a lowly killer of low rate animals. I am sure that more hunters die of insect bites than by being stomped or eaten buy the game they hunt. I know many more hunters are killed by vehicals than by all animals combined.

Quick Reply: Lion hunt video....must see!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.