Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Lion hunt video....must see!!

Old 01-17-2004, 03:09 PM

Default RE: Lion hunt video....must see!!

Your right, to let an animal suffer any longer than it has to is B.S. but he did learn a lesson I hope. Kill em quick.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: BIGCOUNTRY10

To me that was stupid. WHo would want to hunt a lion. That guy is really lucky he ain't dead. That was freaky. It really opened my eyes, because just about anything can turn on you like that.

Bigcountry Am I to ASSUME that your Idea of hunting is to only shoot animals that can't hurt us back? The whole idea of hunting is the sport or the challenge if you don't have that element it's just killing not hunting. As far as the lion being endangered it is in some areas but other areas have huntable populations. You know big country BABY CHICKS CAN'T FIGHT BACK, YOU MIGHT WHANT TO TRY THEM.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:20 AM

To shed a little light on this Lion Clip,

This was a Free ranging Lion. The fence you see was to protect a villiage.The big cat had entered somehow and killed a ranger and a horse. It was offered to a paying hunter to make a little cash. The problems were that there was some hesitation with shots that could damage a mount. The PH and backup shooters waited too long. There should have been an instant overdose of vitamin L from multiple sources.
pb
Old 01-20-2004, 04:52 AM

The world is full of sheep that will never understand it is better to "have lived and died like a lion" than to live and be slaughtered with the sheep!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-29-2004, 11:11 PM

Be proficient with the weapon that you take in the field...............Shooting a target is one thing, just make sure you can make the shot when it counts. Could I have made that shot? I don't know. Would I be in that situation? H%LL NO! That's what the Discovery Channel is for!!! LOL
Old 02-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

JUST GETTIN IT BACK TO THE TOP << DISREGAURD??????
Old 02-22-2004, 10:09 PM

What away to possibly meet your maker!! To me the first shot looked like it hit in the lion's neck.IMO if you're hunting adangerous animal like a lion if you can do a head shot do it. The taxi's can fix holes. And the hunter wasted to much time to not make a second shot right after his first shot.The lion looked like it stood their for about 10 sec. or more right after the first shot,more than enuff time to make a second shot.

(knights of the round table)[8D]
Old 02-23-2004, 02:12 AM
Fork Horn

Where has that link to the video gone?
Old 02-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

A Lion is a Lion is a Lion. NO matter where you put him he still has teeth and a will to live at your cost .
Old 02-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

go to (speaking of africa) in the big game forum, its a different link don't know why but this one is current and you can access it..."HUNT ON".. Tim Buma..

Quick Reply: Lion hunt video....must see!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.