Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Lion hunt video....must see!!

Old 12-27-2003, 07:41 AM
Banned

Default RE: Lion hunt video....must see!!

Personally I was cheering for the lion and was really disappointed when the "shooter" wasn't ripped to shreds. What kind of accomplishment is that? Rather pathetic, if a person feels they have to go on a hunt such as this to justify their male egos.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:15 PM

Crazzzy video! I thought for sure there would be some Huge moral behind the video from PETA.

WR that sounds like left wing psycho babble your not a liberal hiding in mossy oak cammo by any chance? Or are you just a femanazi?[>:]

I just can't seem to follow your logic on this hunt.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:55 PM

Awesome! I believe I would have had a heart attack or at the very least crapped my pants.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:09 PM

Mdbowhunter I agree how did some one not take a stray bullet as close and as wild as those shots were.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:59 PM

In general,

My understanding of this clip from other forums is that it was indeed a lion inside a game park that had become very aggressive and it was decided that for client safety purposes he should be put down. It does appear that the owners decided to recoup some of their “investment” of the soon to be deposed lion by APPARENTLY selling the kill as there appears to be a PH and a client accompanied by an odd and interesting set of groupies plus one steel nerved camera person.

It is hard to judge the situation without being there; however, it appears that the greatest sin that was committed in the whole thing was the “client” was VERY slow in making his follow up shot, in fact the PH probably should have made it for him. BTW this is a common complaint about American clients by African PH’s, i.e. the client shoots and then pauses to observe and enjoy his handiwork instead of slinging hot lead until the dangerous game is down and out (naïveté).
-------------------------------------------

Buckeyebuckhntr

Thats what the ba$tard deserved. What kind of "sport" hunting was that. I wish the loin would have got ahold of him and tore him a new a$$.
Even given the “confinement and euthanasia” nature of the job, I would dare say it would take more courage and that there was more “sport” in what occurred in that clip than will be acquired in 20 years of hunting deer that have no choice but to hide or flee in your advance. The lion nearly evened the score; those bucks will never have any such opportunity.
---------------------------------------

White-Raven

Personally I was cheering for the lion and was really disappointed when the "shooter" wasn't ripped to shreds. What kind of accomplishment is that? Rather pathetic, if a person feels they have to go on a hunt such as this to justify their male egos.
Specifically, please help us out and describe what type of proper substitute (specie, situation, and conditions) you recommend to a hunter (regardless of their sex) who is looking for more than mere “bambi-popping”?
----------------------------------------

Runningun,
Given what happened the hunter could laugh, cry, or melt down and simply shake uncontrollably. Adventure sometimes turns into mis-adventure and one never quite knows when mis-adventure will strike. That’s when you find out what you and/or your partners are made of – personally, I’ll take the partner who chooses to use humor, a joke, and a laugh to make a bad deal as good as possible versus one who turns into an "ice man" or one who breaks down and just “loses it.” He knew he was damn lucky to be alive and was likely giddy to still be breathing God’s air.
----------------------------------------

It was indeed a miracle no one got shot out of that crowd. IMHO, the PH, the client, and the camera man as a threesome would have been a better group than making a class field trip out of it.

EKM
Old 12-28-2003, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

The link is not working now, is it still working for anyone else?
Old 12-28-2003, 06:41 AM

It isn't working for me either.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:02 AM

Hmmmm,

Try http://69.44.58.76/

EKM
Old 12-28-2003, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

That one works, thanks.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

yes very intense i wish the lion woulda got a peice of him,

Quick Reply: Lion hunt video....must see!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.