Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What's your most difficult or best shot on game?

Old 12-22-2003, 06:15 PM

Default What's your most difficult or best shot on game?

What is your best shot on game? I have been hunting for well over 30+ years, and have had some great hunts, but hunting stories are fun to tell, and so here goes my story: I was gun hunting for deer in central Wisconsin, the morning was cold, snow, and blizzard conditions. I walked into the woods and found my tree stand, as I climbed the ladder stand, loaded with gear, I noticed a nice buck walking towards my stand, as I hung on for dear life on the wooded ladder, I slowly shouldered my 44 mag Ruger clinging to the 2X4 on the step, and sighted in on the chest, a slowly squeezed the trigger, Click...I quickly took a shell out of my pocket and loaded as quietly as I could and reloaded, when the buck was about 45 yards away, I fired off a round and scored on a nice 10 pointer, any good stories to share? I would like to hear them, thanks.

Dr. Mike
Old 12-23-2003, 03:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What's your most difficult or best shot on game?

I was muzzle loader hunting one time. I saw two does comming across a field toward my fence. I got down on my knee and was waiting for them to jump the fence. I had a hawken rifle with double set triggers so I pulled the rear trigger and got ready to shoot. As they jumped the fence I was going to swing on the lead doe but I touched the trigger before I was ready and the gun went off. I missed the lead doe but the second one ran right into the bullet path and it took out her heart. That proves the old saying (sometimes its better to be lucky than good)