Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Post-Season Blues

Old 12-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Post-Season Blues

What a kick in the shorts. I can't believe something you wait for, for so long, can be over and done with so soon. I was off today, and didn't know what to do with myself. I hunted elk in september (got zip but had several encounters), antelope in october (got two), deer in november (got a muley buck, whitetail doe), and pheasants in december (got a freezer full). Sounds like a lengthy season, and it certainly was a successful one...but how can it be over already? I'm sure there are some folks out there feeling the same way, or will be shortly. Oh well...I guess now it's flyfishing on the Missouri River and counting the days until spring gobbler season!

JW
Old 12-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Post-Season Blues

Tried to post a pic....without much success I see.

Old 12-22-2003, 05:38 PM

Yep, always sucks when hunting season is over. By the way, I notice that you are from Montana and your handle is Moose Drool - That's good beer! Great name too!
Old 12-22-2003, 05:59 PM

You've got no reason to have the post season blues if you hunt and fish there's always something to do. I plan on going for some late season pheasants this year and a couple goose and bobcat hunts. I love to ice fish so that will keep me busy until ice off and thats also when the fly fishing really heats up. But I know what your going through, for me up to about a month and half after my muley and elk hunt is over I'm still ready for more of it.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:19 PM

I am with you, elk hunting one nice bull, deer hunting two does, and mountain lion hunting until March, I am considering trying coyote hunting, see what that does for my hunters blues.

Dr. Mike
Old 12-22-2003, 07:35 PM

Well moose drool is a very good beer, however, Trout Slayer is still #1 for me. As for the end of the season i've got a late season cow tag till the first so i can stave off that bad feeling a couple more weeks.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a muzzle loader deer to get yet. Then its Ice fishing on Devils Lake.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have (1) doe tag to fill in PA's second archery season starting 12-26-03...
Old 12-23-2003, 12:34 PM

I've got nuthin till august 04 then it's to the antelope range in wyoming! then elk/deer through november 9! oh the good life...
Old 12-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

When do you guys find time to work????

I'm fortunate in that I have the option to hunt or fish in some shape or form. every day of the year.
At the moment the Trout fishing is "Hot"
King Salmon have just started running in the river. (Nice big 3-4 year old fish, plenty being caught over 20 pounds.)
Sea fishing is good every day of the year.
A spring spiker is on my menu, (Tried last week, but missed, will have another crack next week.) and the Alpine hunting is good too.
Bird shooting has closed, but there are places open for Canada Geese.
Time/$ is the only problem.

Quick Reply: Post-Season Blues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.