Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Post-Season Blues

Old 12-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Post-Season Blues

Think of it this way when one season is in the books, time to start a new chapter for next season. I have been scouting already,will start shed hunting in early 04 & throw in coyote/fox hunting and some ice fishing and before I know it is april and spring bear(Official start to 2004 hunting year) Just enough time to make open water fish, plan and scout more intensively for the fall before you know it is bow in hand/time to chase Wapiti, Wt's and Mulies, then ML season & finally rifle. Repeat the drill Dec. 2004 for 2005 and so on[8D]

No wonder my honey do list never gets shorter[]

Best of the seasons and in between season to all[8D]
Old 12-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everything here ended mid December. Now we have"The Great Canadian Squirrel Hunt" in Jan, a bit of trapping and varmint hunting in Feb/March, spring bear/turkey/goose seaon opens in April to end of June. July we fish. Aug is the start of deer archery, then muzzle season, early waterfowl/goose season. Sept is waterfowl opener along with upland. Oct, Nov, Dec is our different big game seasons. After that, it is time to start all over.

Ron
Old 12-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Moosedrool, I hunted and I hunted and I hunted hard from Sept. to the end of Nov. and if the season lasted any longer I'd drop, its like an addiction or maybe an obbsession for me and I really take it too serious I been told, but what I'm doing now is my second love in life and thats down hill skiing and then the following day when my muscles need a rest I go Ice fishing for Pike, Rainbows and perch. You just gotta get out and be active or Kabin fever will set in, Good Luck Bobby

P.S. Just one more thing, the bier Moosedrool taste just like it sounds [&o]
Old 12-29-2003, 07:41 AM

wow-post blues are just that-BLUE- got-to luv it though gives us all something to look forward too.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't get the post season blue's because I can now get ready for fishing and spring gobbler's .Now I got lot's of time to get used to the new bow I'm going to get next month 3d time.Practice ,practice,practice and be ready for those gobblers.

nubo
Old 01-01-2004, 09:14 AM

Though deer season is over I still have a lot of hunting to do yet. Aside from a trip to NM in two weeks I'll small game hunting right through February. Then, if the weather provides ice on the lakes there's ice fishing.
Of course, in Spring some of us "shoot" par, bogies and sadly double bogies too.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:16 AM

I dont think I got post season blues this year... I was able to plan my mid tour leave from Korea to coincide with California's B zone rifle season. I only got 4 days to hunt, but I have to say they ere among the best 4 days ever. I got to go hunt with my Dad, something I hadn't done in a long time, and spend lots of quality time with my wife and son, without the distractions of TV and life. Although I was unsuccessful in hunting, I have to say it was my most successful hunting trips ever. The memories from that trip carries me through the long cold nights working on tanks here in "the land of morning calm"