Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need Horses or mules for drop camp in Colorado

Old 12-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need Horses or mules for drop camp in Colorado

Peace on earth, good will toward men.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:33 PM

Well Well
First off let me say Iam sorry if I sounded self rightous. I am a christian and I will not tolorate drinking because I was a drunk for many years. Oh and I dont mean homless uncontroble man. but a guy just like you guys who hated any thing and any one who told me I was doing wrong. It almost cost me my wife and kids.If you want to get mad then thats good because thre may be hope.Because there is nothing I can say or do to change you. Only God can do that the only problem with that is we usually dont listen untill he gets us flat on our back and the only way we can see is up.You may post all your displeasure with this post.and thats ok its when you think about it later and cant get it off your mind, then I have planted my little seed.Now it s up to you and God.
And just think I was thinking about a great hunt and wanted to know if someone wanted to join us.
God bless guys
Jerry
Old 12-19-2003, 10:11 AM

I never said any such thing about thinking my way or anyway. I just had
a problem with the Smart#ss remark you said when the guy just asked a simple question. And then you came back with something totaly off the wall.

I dont care how you think. Religous tolerence, Freedom to worship who
and how we want. That's what the USA is all about.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Best wishes to you
and yours.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:29 PM

Gizmo may not have quite stated his requirements to y'alls liking; however, he was right on about one thing. If you are putting together an away from home/remote elk hunt, then you had best be real clear who you will and who you won't bring into the group and what the cultural standards for the group are -- especially elk hunting which means folks are going to get tired, sore, sleep deprived, and cranky from time to time and live in close quarters for a week or more -- gotta control the group mix real careful -- for our elk camp I turn down more than I let in -- a small group that is tight is FAR better than a larger group with folks at each others throats -- seen it happen.

Packing into the wilderness on horses in pursuit of elk is NOT equivalent to driving the pickups out to the local deer patch for an afternoon of bambi popping and then everyone goes home to their spouse/parents at the end of the day -- not even the same league -- NFL versus high school ball.

If you were new to Colorado or new to elk hunting and had the stock and equipment to do the packing, then linking up with 15 year veterans who have the hunting situation "dialed in" could be an excellent arrangement and a real time saver in your hunting development (like years). Not many people will qualify for the offer but it was a fair offer.

EKM
Old 12-19-2003, 03:28 PM

I agree with you elkamp. 100%. And I didnt think the guy was deserving
of a smart%ss remark. That was my only problem.