Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What' s the weirdest thing you have seen in the woods while big game hunting?

Old 11-26-2003, 09:01 PM

Default What' s the weirdest thing you have seen in the woods while big game hunting?

Greetings all,

Still looking for fillers for my book project, my strange story happened when I was deer hunting in Wisconsin, I had a buck run past my tree stand, I shot the nice 8 pointer, as I approached the deer something looked odd about the deer, as I got closer to the deer, I soon relaized that the deer I shot had been a dwarf, the legs were no longer then 16 inches long from hoof to shoulder, that was something odd that happened to me, let me know some of your stories, thanks for your help, I appreciate your input.

Dr. Mike
[email protected]
Old 12-14-2003, 01:01 PM

Default RE: What' s the weirdest thing you have seen in the woods while big game hunting?

My dad and I were coming back from an unsuccessful evening for mule deer in utah and we saw on the side of the road something eating a deer in spanish fork canyon. my dad took out the .22 just in case it was a coyote. 20 minutes later we got our first real look at it. it was a feral cat. my dad shot it and we took it to the dwr in spanish fork. It was a feral cat the size of a cougar. it weighed 85 lbs was 2 1/2' tall at the shoulder. when we called the dwr 1st they thought we were nuts. we showed them and they ate crow!