Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Something Different: Tahr

Old 06-13-2004, 03:37 PM

Default RE: Something Different: Tahr

And...a couple more. -TONY

This is a sideview of my stag.

And this is my hunting partner, Troy Morzelewski (l.) and guide Brad Orszacski with Troy's fine stag.

Old 06-13-2004, 08:38 PM

I would love to do a stag hunt down there! They just look amazing! Much better looking IMO than the Argentine ones.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:04 PM

Well, all it takes is a booking with Tim and a plane ticket.

And unless he's had one of his clients kill it this past week, there's a really wide-racked one still roaming the hills somewhere. He was with the one my partner shot. I watched through binoculars as he nailed his, which he wanted because of the symmetry. -TONY
Old 06-14-2004, 05:06 PM

I'd rather hunt red stag then elk any day. I've shot a few red stags in Central Texas, they are awesome animals and carry more impressive head gear then the elk. Nice pics, and congrats on your fine trophies.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:58 AM

TXhighrack,

Not too sure I would trade off on one of our above-average bulls here in AZ, but you are right that the stags are impressive animals. I was fortunate to be able to watch my hunting partner make a 200 yd. shot on his from a vantage point that put me about 1/2-way between him and his quarry. I was hunkered down off to the side on a high hill at an angle of 45 degs. or so from both and watched the scene thru my binocs.

There was another monster with extremely wide antlers and several hinds with Troy's stag. He opted to take the narrower one because it was more symmetrical, however. At the shot, which went into the boiler room, I easily heard the bullet connect. He staggered a few steps, went down and got up again, only to collapse and roll into a ravine for the last time. -TONY
Old 06-18-2004, 06:11 AM

Tim,

I've added the Outdoor Writer's NZ Hunt Photos - Day 2-3 thread with the details of the stag hunts. Give it a read! -TONY
Old 07-03-2004, 10:25 AM

Tim,

So how well have your other hunters done since I was there? Did the handicapped hunter do well? -TONY
Old 07-04-2004, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately the fellow with the brain tumour passed away, his last wish unfulfilled. I do wish we could have got a hunt together.
We've taken 4 Bulls over the past few weeks.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:03 AM

Tim,

That's unfortunate. From what you had said, he was really looking forward to the hunt. -TONY
Old 07-04-2004, 11:37 AM

Those are some nice animals

Quick Reply: Something Different: Tahr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.