Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunt of a Lifetime hunt

Old 11-25-2003, 06:55 AM

Default Hunt of a Lifetime hunt

My company, Blue Wonder Gun Care Products will be hosting a young man with leukemia on his dream hunt Dec 1-4 on the Rio Bonito ranch near Junction, Texas. Even though the hunt is scheduled to be for a mature whitetail buck the Youngman told me last night that he really wants to take an axis buck instead. Gwen, the Rio Bonito manager has decided to allow him to take either a whitetail, axis, sika, fallow, blackbuck or one of her rams. Along with the excellent bass fishing the ranch is known for, this should be a good hunt. Are there any others out there that can help us make the dreams of some of these terminally ill youngsters come true?
Old 11-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunt of a Lifetime hunt

Shoot me an email and lets talk.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am 20 years old and my kidneys failed in March of this year, I' ve been on dialysis since then. My friend will be getting tested here soon for the rest of the needed tests. Our blood matched like we were brothers, so hopefully everything will go ok. This will be my third chance at a kidney. My uncle tested but wasn' t healthy enough, and then I got a call for a cadaver, but the kidney would not have made it to Salt Lake in time, so hopefully the third time is a charm.
There are no deals like that around here for kids with illnesses, but I would like to see something like that for other younger kids that may not have had the opportunity to hunt at all. I appreciate the people who do this for other people. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:42 PM

Charlie Brown,

I have passed on your message to several of my friends in this area and I just wanted to let you know that you will be in our prayers during the next few months. I hope that everything works out ok for you. Hunt of a Lifetime is a multi-national organization in scope. Tina Patterson and her team have worked to send kids hunting and fishing all over North America and we are even working on an African trip for a group of 6 cancer patients. If you want to learn more about them do a search on the web, it should lead you to the HOAL web page. Please pass on the information to anyone you know who might even remotely know of a young person we can help.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

denvas, my hat is off to you and this organization, keep up the great work! I don' t know of anything like this in Alaska, but I don' t think it would be too hard to find people willing to help out.

Good luck with your endevours and hopefully when I am able, I can donate my time and effort to do the same.

Charlie Brown, my best wishes go out to your third try. If for some reason it doesn' t work out, remember there is always #4, #5, #6 etc.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:13 AM

denvas, thats great ive heard of ' The hunt of a lifetime' but havnt ever been in a position to be able to help, the only thing i can offer to all of the people involved and the children you help is a prayer. Charlie Brown, I also wish you the best of luck on try #3, my family and I will be praying for your full recovery,along with all of the other youngsters, It' s not much but I hope it helps!!!