Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming is a great place to hunt!

Old 11-18-2003, 04:56 PM
car
Typical Buck

Default Wyoming is a great place to hunt!

What a trip to wyoming was. Filled 3 tags in 4 days. On the second day took a 14" antelope at 341 yards. The third day shot a nice 3x3 mule deer at 200 yards. the fourth day left turkey and a filled that tag also. There is one bad thing though, just got in the mail 2004 nonresidents for Wy and they have increased there rates alot. I was planning on going next year to elk hunt but the price for the special elk tag is $892.00. Thats is too much $$ to spend on a bow hunt for elk. It makes it hard on nonresidents. I should be glad that i went this year and done so good.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:58 AM

Default RE: Wyoming is a great place to hunt!

Congratulations on the successful hunt. I have hunted south of Douglas for Mule Deer, antelope and elk. I also got my new nonresident forms and have not opened them yet. I am disappointed to hear that they really raised the rates. I understand that costs rise but from what I learned talking to residents in CO this year the hunter numbers are down by 50% in that area due to increased cost...WY will likely follow.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:45 AM
car
Typical Buck

sigma7 you are right. The reg draw didn' t go up that much
elk $410 to $492
deer $220 to $272
antelope $195 to $237
Where they increased the most is for the special draw
elk $610 to $892
deer $320 to $472
antelope $295 to $437
That is one big jump in price! I had plan on trying for a special draw for elk in #39 for bow in 2004 but can' t spend that much for a bow tag! The odds for drawing for #39 for this year was 25% for reg and 66% for special, big differance. I hunted around New Castle this year. Long drive out there but worth it.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:23 PM
jjt

I am happy to here you had a successful hunt here in wy car it sounds like a blast

i cant justify the rate hike because i dont have all the numbers

but i can tell you wyoming game and fish is a self funded organization

and that all the licenses raised this year res and non res

also the neighboring states licenses rose or have risen in the last few years

on a good note the drawing odds are projected to be tremendously better for 2004
Old 11-20-2003, 06:00 PM
car
Typical Buck

Hi jjt. My deer and antelope hunting was done on public land. I was surprised to see so much game. Thats why I want to come back to hunt again! Also this was a swap hunt! car
Old 11-21-2003, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats car.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

but i can tell you wyoming game and fish is a self funded organization

Did Wyoming Fish and GAme have some unexpected increases? The Increase is all BS and will keep me from hunting there ever again....Just keep socking it to the out of staters.... It is cheaper to hunt Canada or Africa then it is to hunt our own country on some hunts...
Old 11-21-2003, 06:04 PM
jjt

I am sorry you feel like that OEH

Did Wyoming Fish and GAme have some unexpected increases?
Im not sure unexpected is correct they were antisipated as were the licenses hikes

wolf management + $1 million
CWD management/testing + $1 million

Old 11-21-2003, 06:06 PM
jjt

My deer and antelope hunting was done on public land. I was surprised to see so much game.
there is little reason to pay for permission in wy unless you are taking a guided hunt
we have a ton of public land and a reletively low number of hunters

again congrats on the hunt/swap
Old 11-22-2003, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

we have a ton of public land and a reletively low number of hunters
thats subjective.( and variable)

Im glad some.. can come here & injoy the game& hunting etc.

Yes it does seem expensive for out of staters , i believe that is how it is done in most places res, & non res cost differnces) . It ( licences fees ) get more expensve for those who live here to( every yr[:' (] )& so does every other aspect of life- taxes , energy costs , food , etc etc yearly.( if they emptyed the whole state out & no one ever came here it be ok by me..more for me to hunt.

Game& fish is like most public /goverment run things i think- many chiefs& few indians.
We also pay for there computer? glichs.And mismangment & ranchers losses& the list goes on& on.

They( the state) should sell some buffalo/grizz bear hunts for 10-20 k for the well to do.

Quick Reply: Wyoming is a great place to hunt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.