Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Here' s my bull....

Old 11-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Here' s my bull....

Nice work, congrats. on a great hunt, Tim did a good job with the calling to stop the bull for a shot, and looks like you took care of the rest. Awesome elk country!
elknut1
Old 11-13-2003, 10:52 PM

Great Pics and it sounds as though you had a great hunt. By the way, its known as a White Man' s fire.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:04 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the bull, When your feet dry out there will be back strap on the fire.
Oops hunting in the cascades your feet never dry out. Anyway great pics.

And yes the elk in the cascades are considered rosevelt elk, there is basically no genitic difference between the sub species but they are a product of their enviroment. The rocky mnt. elk get alot more minerals out of the soil that encourage antler growth, where as the rosevelt forage on alot more lush feed that gives them enormous body size.

Always good to see someone enjoying the rigors of elk hunting.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats HG! real nice picts& bullelk& deer of yours, sounds like a great time yall had!

Had a cow tag but didnt get a chance to fill up the frezzer this yr

Lotsa cows across the back road- but there black angus& white faced bovine types lol
Old 11-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good joob hntngirl. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on your Elk, and your Blacktail! Job well done![8D] You are one lucky lady in more ways than one. Great pics and Beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright, good for you. Sounds like your haveing a great year. How far did you have to pack it out? Do you guys cut it up yourself or let a butcher process it? I just did the same thing too down in SW Montana for two weeks, which reminds me, I gotta take some elk burger out, Bobby
Old 11-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Luckily, there was a little overgrown road about 250 yards below were it fell. It didn' t take us too long with a machete to clear it good enough to back my truck partway down it. We do all the cutting, grinding, and wrapping ourselves.
I' ve got some elk steaks already laid out for tonight!
Old 11-14-2003, 08:12 PM

I know that the elk in the Cascades were transplanted there from other places years and years ago. I' ve also heard that they are actually a cross between Rocky Mountain and Roosevelt at this point. I really don' t know
I know up here in WA they are classifying them as a Cascade Rocky MT Elk, due to the mixing from transplanting, He kind of looks like a mix to me, the wide but shorter rack and not as thick as a typical Roosie.But that head on him looks like a Big' un. And Huntngirl, my description of the rack on him is by no means trying to belittle his size,just in case this comes off wrong, He' s one Heck of a Bull Nice job.

And nice job on training your Hubby, you think I could get some pointers ontrying to get my Wife to help pack' em out. Actually that ain' t true, She comes out with me and hold the lantern to field dress and follw blood trails all the time]
Old 11-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

right on " HUNT ON " huntngirl I see you loaded your pics sucessfully they are awesome, how do you post more than one pic in your post? I helped Big Lead post his he has some others that are nice I gotta get the process memorized I' m still having problems getting them loaded each time.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Quick Reply: Here' s my bull....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.