Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Yellowstone

Old 05-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Yellowstone

My recent Yellowstone trip. Went May 9-10 and still lots of snow. Saw mainly bison and bighorn sheep.
Attached Thumbnails Yellowstone-img_4296.jpeg   Yellowstone-img_4347.jpeg   Yellowstone-img_4260.jpeg  
Old 05-20-2023, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails Yellowstone-img_4283.jpeg   Yellowstone-img_4351.jpeg   Yellowstone-img_4359.jpeg   Yellowstone-img_4364.jpeg  
Old 05-20-2023, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

It looks like you had a pretty good trip.. They have bison on the loose up north around Caribou. The owner shot 6 of them and still trying to locate 3 more. The escaped from an enclosure and won’t go back. I am under the impression that they escaped 3 times on him this year and been causing problems for the area towns.
Old 05-21-2023, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Like many people probably.... Yellowstone holds a special place in my memories.

My kids are between 4-9 right now. I'm already planning our trip which we won't do until they're more capable hikers. Probably between ages 11-16.

But I love that place
Old 05-22-2023, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Rob, where did you see the bighorn sheep? We went a couple years ago and got some cool bison pics but did not see any sheep.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cal,

Most were outside the park between the East Yellowstone gate and Cody, WY.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:46 PM
Spike

Seems like you had an interesting journey. There's a situation up north around Caribou with bison roaming freely. The owner has managed to shoot six of them but is still searching for three more. These bison broke out of an enclosure and are reluctant to return. Surprisingly, this isn't the first time they've escaped; it's happened three times this year, causing disruptions for the towns in the area. The recurring incidents have been quite a challenge, highlighting the complexities of dealing with free-roaming bison and the impacts on the neighboring communities.