Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana elk

Old 10-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Spike

Default Montana elk

Wondering if anyone could shed any light on hunting elk with general tag for rifle around Seeley lake. Thank you!
Old 10-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

It is a beautiful area, ravaged by fires this summer, not sure where your hunting from there. This for next fall, little late to be planning for this this year, with bow season ending today and rifle starting next Saturday.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Spike

We have a cabin there so don't need to plan a trip or anything I can just run over when I feel like it. Just was wondering if anyone ever hunted on the west side of town or not. We're thinking of riding the roads back in on ATVs. If nothing else it will be a beautiful drive.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Glad your place was not damaged during fire season. Like any place I imagine the further from roads you go, the better. I'm sure you have did some scouting over that way since it is so easy to get over there for you. You could probably tell others more then they could tell you.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Spike

Honestly haven't done any scouting as we just finished farming lol. Snowmobile there in the winter so I know the trails decent just not what is there for animals.