Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Washington Mountain Goat Hunt Opportunity

Old 07-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Spike

Once in a Lifetime Tag! Transferable "Companion Pass" (disabled hunter) allows you to harvest a WA ST Goat. Area 6008. Entertaining the idea of selling the rights to Harvest a Goat. Confirmed with WA Dept. Fish & Wildlife.

Last edited by beaunus77; 09-07-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Spike

Good luck!
Old 08-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not real crazy about people using hard to get licenses as a way to make money. I find it repugnant!
Old 08-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Spike

Oldtimr: Don't be too disgusted. My dad (he's the one that drew the tag) is 66 years old and he's killed (4) Goats in his lifetime. He also drew a Quality Bull Elk & a Sheep tag this year, so we will be plenty busy! Simply providing an opportunity for others that might never draw it...

Last edited by beaunus77; 08-02-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Yah know, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't know if I've ever seen anybody collect points for years, draw a tag, then offer it for sale to the highest bidder. There are folks who have put in for years and didn't draw that tag, and now the feller with the most cash gets it without years of putting in. I would hope this doesn't start a precedent. What if some company starts collecting points in transferrable states as an investment to sell in the future to clients? I run this risk of sounding hypocritical as I am an outfitter, but do we really need to monetize every aspect of hunting? Why don't you just give the tag to a conservation group and at least let them auction it off?
Old 08-27-2017, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I may be interested. What is the asking price ?

Mountain Goat is definitely on my bucket list.