Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What fabric stays the warmest next to skin?

Old 10-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What fabric stays the warmest next to skin?

Leave the plastic cloth fer yer wife' s pantys. The two best fabrics for outdoorsmen are: 1) wool, and 2) more wool. Thet meriano stuff is softer fer you fellers with womun skin.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: BeaverJack

Leave the plastic cloth fer yer wife' s pantys. The two best fabrics for outdoorsmen are: 1) wool, and 2) more wool. Thet meriano stuff is softer fer you fellers with womun skin.
Beav, ya crusty old, red wooly wearin' , sob. You tell em - them dainty Everest climbers and Iditarod mushers is nothin' but a bunch of panty waists. [>:] -zeke
Old 10-26-2003, 03:25 PM

I always did enjoy a wizzun' contest. So here it goes.....

I' d rather be closer to my wife' s " plastic panty" material, than a wool covered sheep. [X(]

And I thought you mountainmen liked the cattle herders, not the sheep herders.[8D]
Old 10-26-2003, 03:31 PM

Polypropelyne, Helly Hansen. Just as the other said. I often combine the weights; first layer light weight, followed by med or heavy, or sometime all three. Especially if I' m going to be sitting still for an extended period of time. Smart Wool is incredible stuff, but expect to pay good money for it. $20(Canadian) for a pair of socks, can only imagine what pants and jacket would cost. Also some type of wind stopper fabric sandwiched in between helps keep the warmth in. Wind can take the heat away from the best insulated material.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:39 PM

right on Chris4570! I couldn' t have said it better
Old 10-28-2003, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Bah! All you tinkerbells out there need to git a Filson catalog. See what manly huntin' clothes is ' sposed to look like. Seems to me all them non-resident corpses they find with dogs is dressed in poly stuff. Usually got a big Cabelas logo on their hats too.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I am going to try Silk this year always wear Wool or Polproplyene ..If its not warm enough I' ll put some wool or polypro over it.h
Old 10-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess BeaverJack & I agree on this topic.
I think if god wanted you to to wear long underwear made out of plastic bags fresh sheared sheep would not look so sexy.[]

oldelkhunter Silk is soft & warm when dry. If you get it wet you will freeze.

Wear wool & stay alive.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wolf Killer...I have not had that experience yet with SIlk but I have not used it when Elk or Mule Deer hunting.... sure feels great next to the skin though.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Like thet slippery, next to nuthin' feelin' do you? Which you prefer, a teddy or a camisol?

Quick Reply: What fabric stays the warmest next to skin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.