Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

ALBERTA MOOSE HUNT

Old 09-29-2003, 02:01 PM

Default ALBERTA MOOSE HUNT

HI,

I HAVE A QUESTION, I WILL BE HUNTING MOOSE IN WMU # 412 NEXT WEEK, I TRYING TO KEEP TRACK OF TEMPERATURE IN THAT AREA. THE NEAREST CITY THAT I KNOW OF IS CALGARY, WILL THE TEMP , RAIN, SNOW ETC, BE THE SAME OR IS CALGARY TO FAR AWAY FROM MY AREA TO GET A GOOD IDEA

THANK YOU
Old 09-30-2003, 05:04 AM

Default RE: ALBERTA MOOSE HUNT

It would help if I knew exactly where in Alberta area 413 is, Makoman. I have hunted in Alberta seven times, five times in September. In my experience, the weather in Edmonton can be quite different than that in the far northern part of the province. It can give you an indication, though.

For the past several years, the weather has been warmer than normal in southern Alberta. This makes the moose and elk rutt a dicey thing, as when the temperatures are high, most activity takes place at night. The best advice I can give you is to pack clothing for nearly any kind of weather. It could be 85 degrees and sunny, or 25 degrees and snowing, or anything in between. If you don' t have it packed along with you, you can' t wear it. If you wish, email me and continue the discourse.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ALBERTA MOOSE HUNT

The weather will be pretty close to the same as it is here in Calgary. Probably a little colder at nights though where you will be. It' s been very warm for the past month and looks like it' s going to continue this week. Good luck and let' s here how you made out. JDinAB