Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

giving up my elk/deer honey hole...

Old 07-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Spike

He is a good friend of mine who happenens to not share my hunting ethics. He puts in for his wife that doesn't hunt for an extra possible tag. Every year it's like this. I don't think it's wise to camp with them. It sucks though when you have a mature bull down or lead cow and your looking at this 500-700 lb animal laying there and your 2 miles from the truck. I've done it, it's back breaking but that's hunting! You will never forget it. I was torn due to the packing out part. It would sure be nice!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rent a mule.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

No! and No! i let someone fish a good walleye spot and i got screwed big time, he showed every tom dick and harry.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by txhunter58
"My buddy from work"

Unless this guy is your best friend who you know will never tell another sole about your spot, hunt alone. Otherwise you run the risk of being overrun when you both pull some good animals out and he tells his other "buddy from work" about the spot who tells two people, who tell two people............
Great advice. The way you describe the hunting ethics at their camp would lead me to believe you will be sorry to include them in the hunting spot. Stay somewhere else and hunt without them. Another real hunting buddy who shares your ethics will come along.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by martwd1183
He is a good friend of mine who happenens to not share my hunting ethics. He puts in for his wife that doesn't hunt for an extra possible tag. Every year it's like this. I don't think it's wise to camp with them. It sucks though when you have a mature bull down or lead cow and your looking at this 500-700 lb animal laying there and your 2 miles from the truck. I've done it, it's back breaking but that's hunting! You will never forget it. I was torn due to the packing out part. It would sure be nice!
Learn to debone and hunt alone! OR.........find someone else to hunt with!

Why in the hell would you hunt with criminals that could screw you for years?

Would you go to a bar and look for chicks with a known rapist?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep your spot my friend. Just think of all the man hrs, reasources, and $ you've put into finding this area. Don't bring someone else in that doesn't share the same hunting ethics as you. Once you show him. The other guys in camp will be there, and the yr after that. Spots like this are hard to find nowadays.

If he gets butt hurt then he wasnt a real friend anyways. Just trying to ride the coat tails of somebody else. Not worth it man. Good luck with your choice. I WOULDNT DO IT!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Learn to debone and hunt alone! OR.........find someone else to hunt with!

Why in the hell would you hunt with criminals that could screw you for years?

Would you go to a bar and look for chicks with a known rapist?
***Best post of the entire thread!!! How can a person who cheats and does the stuff you said he does and is involved in be considered any kind of a friend to you?!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

I'd have to go with what has been said. If you don't mind your honey hole being overrun with people in a couple of years, share it. If you want to reserve it, keep it to yourself. Its not even that everyone is malicious, they just think they can tell or show just one other person and it won't go further than that. It always goes further than that.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***Best post of the entire thread!!! How can a person who cheats and does the stuff you said he does and is involved in be considered any kind of a friend to you?!
Brutal honesty- I love it! People can change, I guess I am just hoping that's the case! I've distanced myself from him for 2 yrs now not hunting with him or his posse. I barely even talked to him for those 2 yrs and he knew why. So I probably used ''friend" improperly. Let's call him an "associate". But he says they changed blah blah blah but you guys are right- you can't change a rapist from that sick urge, or an alcoholic from wanting to take one sip.

On a better note I got my pics trail pics from my wallow and spring. Yeeeaah, I'm not taking ANYONE. 3 bulls up there. A 6x6 we call Stubs, a 5x5 we call Hook and a 5x5 we call Rampage. When I figure out how to get them from my phone I will put them in my album . Thank you for all the ' honesty' I appreciate it. Sometii you have to hear it.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

We?????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.