Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Opening Morning Campout?

Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Spike

Default Opening Morning Campout?

Ok Guys, I was wondering if this was a ludicrous idea or a genius idea. Last year was our first time on a new "private" hunting area in southeastern Washington, and once we got to our spots right before opening daylight we already noticed deer were moving around. The property we were hunting is adjacent to 3 other properties, which all have hunters that pay to hunt there. Now, the best spots we observed last year was high up within a half mile of the other properties. Me and the group I was hunting with was wondering if it would be a good idea to find a good spot, bring a bivy sack, and just camp out the night so that when morning comes we are already in position and our smells are "normal". Or would this just be asking for a disaster?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't understand your "smells are normal" part? The longer you go without a shower. The more human you smell.