Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hoochie Mamma cow call

Old 09-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoochie Mamma cow call

Sigma7, not thanks needed...good luck with your bugle shopping and nerve calming! Oh not to mention chasin wapiti in CO[8D].

Best of luck and have fun!

Old 09-27-2003, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

My Screey can sound like a duck if it gits cold an' I let the spit build up inside. Bulls even like romancin' ducks it seems.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:59 PM

hoochie mama is a great call. everyone here uses it and no one has a complaint about it seems easy and the bulls react awesome to it.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:15 PM

Sounds like it works. I am excited as we leave for CO on the 7th. I will try it in conjunction with one of my other calls. Thanks everyone.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:27 AM

I tested the Hootchie mama long enough in the store that I bought it - I will see how it does in conjuction with the hyper lip I have used previously - I bougt a bugle too - now i need to buy some time to practice.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Fork Horn

Several guys in our camp had Hoochie Mamas last year and got good results. I' m using one this year.
On my rookie hunt in ' 96 I used a Woodswise Hyper Hot Cow Call and called in a five by five. Everyone was suspect of it especially since I was a newbie. The next year everyone had one. Since then we have had good success with it as well. It has stopped running herds, frozen cows in place, and gotten cows to come towards us in addition to attracting bulls.
The potential advantage of the Hoochie Mama is that all you have to do is squeeze it. The other more traditional calls often require you to wipe off the reed when too much saliva gets on it.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:31 PM

Hoochie Momma cow call is the best dam cow call period.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:42 AM

After using the Hootchie Mamma for a while I figured out why I didn' t like the guy' s sound that I was hunting with last year (see post above) - he wasn' t depressing the plunger in the inside enough to get the lower end tones that gives it the true cow sound...his was always to high and squeeky - I am converted
Old 10-03-2003, 10:55 AM

My brother and I found ourselves 150 yards apart with a 5X5 bull between us. I was mewing with a primo' s hyperlip, he was using the hoochie mamma. The bull was trotting toward me at first. He stopped 60 yards away from me looking for the cow he heard. My brother then mewed with the hoochie momma. The bull turned and ran right at him, stopping 20 yards away for a nice broadside shot. I went out and bought a hoochie momma to compliment my hyperlip after that.

One thing I have found since is that using a reed call and a push call together can give a good impression of multiple cows. A single hunter can then sound like a small herd to attract an interested bull. I called in a lead cow using this same combination for my hunitng partner. We were using the combination of 2 hoochie momma' s and my hyperlip. She came in for a broadside shot at 40 yards in open terrain with little cover. He was estatic to get this cow for his first ever bow kill.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:49 PM

good info - I now have both (hyper lip and hootchie) - i will see how they work next week -

Quick Reply: Hoochie Mamma cow call

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.