Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Texas free-range Aoudad hunt

Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-24-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

I'm locking this thread until I can edit it later.
CalHunter
Old 02-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, the thread is open again.

2 members decided to flame and attack each other for 3 & 1/2 pages. All of the flaming has been edited. 1 member was already given a lengthy temp ban by admin. I gave the other member a 7-day temp ban for the same offenses.
(Edit--One of the temp-banned members was granted a reprieve by Admin, a move I agree with).

It's okay to disagree, argue and debate a topic. It's not okay to call each other names, flame each other or violate HNI rules. If you have a complaint against another member or post, fill out a complaint ticket (the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it at the bottom left of every post). If you're not comfortable with that process, PM a mod or admin. Do NOT flame the other member as that makes you part of the rules violation and subject to editing, temp-bans or even permabans if the offense is severe enough. If you have questions, please PM me instead of posting about it in the forum (another rules violation).

Thanks to the OP and other members for not engaging in the flame war. I knew that New Mexico had free range Aoudad and Orynx hunts but did not know that Texas had them. I might have to look into that a little further.

CalHunter

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-26-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, and yes, Texas has a ton of free ranging aoudad that roam over millions of acres of low fence property out west of the Pecos and down in what is called the Big Bend country. Many people call them the poor mans sheep hunt because the price is much lower than your typical 5 digit sheep hunt and it can be very grueling in the country they inhabit.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

I killed my first Aoudad feb 7th in west Texas. It was a free ranging Aoudad on an almost 10000 acre lease with no high fence in sight. I tell you those things can move up and down those mountains with great ease!! My fat old body hard a hard time dragging it back down the mountain. This old Iowa guy isnt used to those hills!! LOL
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Maceman66
I killed my first Aoudad feb 7th in west Texas. It was a free ranging Aoudad on an almost 10000 acre lease with no high fence in sight. I tell you those things can move up and down those mountains with great ease!! My fat old body hard a hard time dragging it back down the mountain. This old Iowa guy isnt used to those hills!! LOL

Congratulations! Hopefully, I'll join the ranks of successful aoudad hunters someday. Maybe a Nilgai too.

ATB
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your hunt
Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys

Last edited by Maceman66; 02-27-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 02-28-2013, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Maceman66
Thanks guys