Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

need advice: trying to help a disabled friend go elk hunting

Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Spike

Default need advice: trying to help a disabled friend go elk hunting

i have a buddy that is disabled and would love to go elk hunting. i have been to co a bunch of times on diy elk hunts. problem is, there are practically no atv trails where he could sit, let alone a chance at an elk. if anyone has some advice on places to look for info on this we would appreciate it. i googled it and all that comes up is outfitters. we don't have the kind of cash to pay one of them. all we are looking for is a couple of cows, horns don't really matter. i am not looking for your secret spot, just some info on places where he could have a decent hunt. any state is fine. are there places or organizations that could or do offer hunts for something like this? i am just trying to help a friend and fellow sportsman do something most of us take for granted. thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

The DOW can help you with this.

303 297-1192
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can make a few suggestions but pm me. I need to know how disabled your friend is. Not to be blunt but it helps figure the logistics.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Thinking cow hunts may be a good start. Some late season hunts can greatly increase the odds, though some do not. As stated above, contact the DOW, Game and Fish or what ever department is running the show. Look at harvest data, terrain, and ratios of public to private land. That is a start. Some ranchers are glad to have a few cows removed during a late season hunt when they are down getting into the hay.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Washington has great hunts for the disabled, they can hunt from their car or truck if need be in certain areas... the process is easy just takes a while so U would need to start soon for here.............I would be more than willing to help in any way I could!

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/faqs_disability.html

Last edited by finnbear; 02-07-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Spike

are there places or organizations that could or do offer hunts for something like this? i am just trying to help a friend and fellow sportsman do something most of us take for granted. thanks