Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

any one know the wy deer archery season dates?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Spike

Default any one know the wy deer archery season dates?

i can't find it anywhere. thanks
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM
car
Typical Buck

Not sure why I can't find it on their site but, I think it is Sept 15 in some units and I think it is Sept 1st in others.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Click on this link and go to the top of page 6-11:

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/Departme...0120002130.pdf
Old 01-26-2013, 05:08 PM
car
Typical Buck

Ok I found it, here ya go!

Acrhery Seasons and Type 9 Archery Only Licenses
Special archery seasons for big game are established by the Commission in late April. Information on archery seasons will be available on or about May 5. Traditionally, antelope archery seasons for most areas open August 15 and close the day the regular (rifle) season opens. For elk and deer, the archery seasons in most areas traditionally open September 1 and close September 30 or earlier in September when the regular (rifle) seasons open.

Hunters holding general or limited quota hunting licenses may hunt with bow and arrow or crossbow during special archery seasons if they first obtain an archery license in addition to their valid hunting license. Only one archery license is required to archery hunt all big game and trophy game animals. Archery licenses are available at the Cheyenne headquarters office, Department regional offices, automated license selling agents and on the WGFD website. Do not purchase an archery license until you have received notification of drawing results.

Some elk hunt areas offer hunting licenses for archery only and these licenses are designated as type 9 licenses in the Tentative Season Information tables. Type 9 elk licenses are often available as leftover licenses. Holders of type 9 licenses are not required to obtain an archery license in addition to the limited quota archery only license, but are restricted to hunting only in the area(s) and during the season specified for the type 9 license. In elk hunt areas that have type 9 archery only licenses, the special archery season may not be open when the type 9 license season is open or there may not be a special archery season.

Persons hunting with archery equipment during regular firearms seasons need not obtain an archery license, but are required to wear fluorescent orange.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

If he wants the actual dates of a particular unit, he needs to click on the link I provided in the post above yours. Those were for 2012 and this season coming up should be the same.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 PM
car
Typical Buck

Yup you're right. I didn't scroll down far enough in your post to see it, sorry.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 AM
Spike

so, you apply for a deer tag, then decide if you want to bow hunt and buy an archery sticker? thats how i read it. any one on here do this?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's correct. We do that for elk to hunt the entire month of September with bow. You will need to draw the tag and then you can buy the $30 archery permit to hunt both seasons if you don't fill in archery season. You'll also need to buy a Conservation Stamp for $12.50 and you can do both online just like you apply for the tag in the draw.