Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

How do you hunt or fight off a damn near perfect predator/hunter?

Old 01-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Question guys, most of you when you go hunting im assuming carry a field pack along with a knife. Anyone carry a tomahawk or a machete for possible self defense? Or would a person who carries a tomahawk be roleplaying a little too much?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I figure the gun i'm carrying is enough. I also have bear spray for those frisky bears that I don't really want to shoot.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
It's a little known fact that whitetail deer are carriers for Mountain Lion Zombiosis Virus, commonly known as MLZV. When you shoot a a carrying whitetail in cougar country, if you don't properly dispose of your gut pile, an unwitting mountain lion might become infected if it feeds on the remains. After an initial incubation period of 7-10days, the symptoms of the MLZ virus will begin to present, following another 2-3wks, the mountain lion will become completely consumed with the virus, its adrenal glands will kick into hyperactive mode, and the mountain lion will reach full Zombification. At this time, only the brains of American Hunters will sate their appetites.

To combat animals afflicted with MLZV, hunters must defend themselves at all times with a short barreled 12ga with a pistol grip. You can saw off the barrel with a hacksaw, just cut it right in front of the end of the magazine tube (be careful not to get caught with it, otherwise you'll go straight to prison!). As a backup once the shotty runs dry, a .40caliber Glock stoked with FBI loads should be worn on each hip, and both pistols should be dual weilded to ensure plenty of firepower.

An AK-47 or M-4 AR-15 with a 100rnd beta mag full of ballistic tips is a suitable replacement as long as it is equipped with a vertical hand grip, flashlight, laser, bipod, red dot sight, magnifier, BAD lever, quad rail forend, flip-up back up battle sights, and M-203 40mm grenade launcher.

Headshots are the only known method of actually killing zombified mountain lions, but hunters are encouraged to shoot wildly at the attacking beast as any hits to the body will cause bodily trauma to help slow the animal down enough to allow a point blank headshot to finish the job.

Awareness of MLZV is limited, but the solution starts with you.
Anytime I want a good laugh, I pull this post up. Guaranteed to make me laugh no matter how many times I read it.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I generally just grin a bear down. We don't have many mountain lions around. So, I don't know how well the grinning would work on them. But, the bears are always discouraged by my grinning.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Throw a small bag of Catnip at it and it will calm down immediatley!

JW