Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is just proper etiquette on any website when you make a post to specifically state who your are rsponding too or put that person's quote up in your post. If you don't do that the person who made the previous post and in this case it was me, thinks you are talking to or about them! It would also be nice like Muley Hunter stated to put all your comment in one post by doing an edit, rather than than stringing a bunch toegher like you've been doing because it makes it look like you're talking to yourself! I'm not trying to start any kind of an argument, but rather just stating the way most people try to communicate on a thread to keep things going smooth. Take care!

Edit: I just made this post and then read what you just posted, so that explains it and we're cool!!! Have you ever hunted on a place that encompassed 30,000 acres? If you haven't how can you make a meaningful statement about any size of enclosure as not to be to your liking. Unless you were aware it was a high fence place you would never know it. Now go find your daughter and that missing computer, LOL!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Like i said topgun,im not an expert on useing an iphone yet.your right i could have stated names sorry for the confusion.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Lol yes topgun i seriousely need my computer,no iv never hunted in any fence of any size but i do live clOse to one that has elk hunts.its fairly large but those elk arent wild by any means
Old 12-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Kind of a funny story about that elk farm.me and my father wanted to see some new scenery so it being elk season we got our tags and headed to parts unknown.its not that far from where we live but it was still new to us.this area happens to be crown land and is open to the public for hunting.so as i was walking down a path a seen a large bull elk walk into veiw about 250 yards in front of me,when i say large i mean large he must have scored close to 400.i dont know why i didnt shoot him on the spot maybe i was in shock but i decided to get closer.it didnt take long and i could tell he knew i was there.long story short i walked right up to him,from 250 yards away i couldnt see the fence infront of him since this was a forrested area.sure glad i didnt take a shot at him.later i found out this guy had purchased a chunk of this government land and opened a high fence hunting operation.for 10 grand you can blast one of his pet elk that scores 400 pluss.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

skinnnner---Instead of calling it a high fence, I would more appropriately call that a game farm where there are canned "killings" going on---big difference! So what Province are you in?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

I live in saskatchewan topgun.yes i understand some of these places are so large u can hunt all week without seeing a fence but for me i just draw the line at high fences period.are these extreemly large fenced in areas the norm?i would think not.yes i know ppl could blur the line between whats acceptable or not by useing rare exceptions but for me im just against it period.sorry if you dont agree,to each their own.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Btw im not going to start giveing it destinctive names like canned or high fence or game farm its all the same to me so excuse me for not makeing the destinction.if a time ever co
Es that theres nowhere left to hunt except for an enclosed space ill take up golf.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hard to believe that you and others don't see the distinction between a huge place where you would never know there's any type of fence and a little place where the animals are raised strictly to be bought and killed with no chance of survival, but whatever floats your boat I guess. I don't believe there is a norm, but I know down in Texas the places are huge and some are pretty much fair chase, while others have a lot of exotics that are fed along with the native animals and aren't nearly the challenge that most would like. You did bring up a good point about blurring the line between what would be acceptable or not and that's why B&C makes no destinction in the size of a place. If an animal is behind a high fence of any size it doesn't go in the Book.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Topgun im not saying there isnt a market or use for these kinds of hunts im just saying i dont concider it real hunting and ill never call it hunting,simulated hunting at best concidering the owner has full control of the habitate and wildlife within the fence.you are correct b and c wont accept anything from inside a fence and i agree with their decision.if you enjoy doing these hunt by all means go ahead,i choose not to.ill admit as far as hunting is concerned im pretty lucky so dont be too affended by my opinion.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

In a way when you hunt animals in a pen of any size you take the wild out of wildlife.just the way i see it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.