Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 700
Hell....you got more Bait than anybody .....Water...Trees and grass plains...

Let me know when you hunt in nothing but dirt fields ..cactus and rocks....Im done.
You really don't seem to know what bait is?

It's something man puts down to attract game. Like a barrel full of donuts under a tree stand to hunt bears. Like a field of crops that is never harvested by a farmer, but put there to bring in game that wouldn't be there without the food plot, or certainly wouldn't have the numbers that the food plot brings in.

It's not hard to understand.

If that's how someone chooses to hunt. Be my guest. Ask me what I think of it, and i'll tell you. That's what this thread is about. Nobody is telling anybody how to hunt, but some sure get touchy about the way they hunt if everybody doesn't agree with it.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Huckleberry, going off topic here but I dont think what Hitler thought of Jews can be categorized as "misperceptions".

I also dont think you understand my analogy about the students, it's the means im trying to get at here, and both didnt not use the same means to get in. One used wealth and money, while another used the actual process.

Good point on the hunting by a waterhole in Wyomng, or the baiting that other people mentioned. Is it truly hunting? Guess it's just what each person considers as hunting. Im sure some people wouldnt consider tree stands and baiting as hunting since all you do is sit there all day until an animal comes along. To each his own.

As a side note, Native Americans used to run 100's of Bison off cliffs and they considered it hunting, though in their case it was that or starvation.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Spike

I didn't really figure you would get it....hence the....
" Im done "...

Edit : those are some nice pictures....but everything around you is " bait " ....

The only bait I know of is at the end of my rod.....

Im no expert like y'all ..I have only been hunting for 44 years out of my 53 years on earth...so your right..I have no idea what bait is.

Last edited by 700; 01-05-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Nobody told you do anything. The OP asked for our opinion, and that's what we gave.
LOL Pete,

I was using you post figuratively. So for the record you did not tell me - You provided your opinion like you said. But others, with nil experience, WERE passionately advocating what someone else should and shouldn't do. They were my audience.

PS: Really like those pics!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 700
I didn't really figure you would get it....hence the....
" Im done "...

Edit : those are some nice pictures....but everything around you is " bait " ....

The only bait I know of is at the end of my rod.....

Im no expert like y'all ..I have only been hunting for 44 years out of my 53 years on earth...so your right..I have no idea what bait is.
True, you don't know what bait is. I don't care if you've been on earth since the caveman.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RaySendero
LOL Pete,

I was using you post figuratively. So for the record you did not tell me - You provided your opinion like you said. But others, with nil experience, WERE passionately advocating what someone else should and shouldn't do. They were my audience.

PS: Really like those pics!
Thanks about the pics, but I guess I shouldn't be hunting there. According to 700 the whole mountain is bait.

Maybe if I hunt the Sahara desert for lizards. I won't be using bait.

I just don't get some guys?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, 700 is from Texas where corn spin feeders are prolific and he doesn't call that baiting, but your whole mountain is, LOL! I hunted Texas for over 20 years and that's the only place I have ever hunted using "bait". Down there the country is very thick and unforgiving with just about everything having stickers on them. It's very tough if you don't have feeders to pull deer and hogs out of the brush as well as sit up in the air in order to see any distance. Most people don't think anything negative about doing that down there, whereas MuleyHunter wouldn't care to just sit and wait in ambush. I hunt Michigan where I live, as well as out in Wyoming, and the two styles for success are so different it's unreal, but they are both hunting.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Thanks about the pics, but I guess I shouldn't be hunting there. According to 700 the whole mountain is bait.

Maybe if I hunt the Sahara desert for lizards. I won't be using bait.

I just don't get some guys?

Oh no - Don't stop hunting there - Its beautiful!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just a little sarcasm. I don't plan on stopping,
Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Boy 700 i didnt even follow what you were talking about lol.

And muley hunter, I have been to colorado 4 times and have enjoyed every moment there. Truely a amazing place to hunt.

And i cant believe this is still going lol

Huck anyone take you up on your bet yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.