Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Shot a deer in the city!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Shot a deer in the city!

How is this for irony? I failed to draw a deer tag this year. I got a doe antelope tag and a bull elk tag. When antelope season came around I got called up by the Army Reserves for a 2 1/2 month mission, so I missed the season. License wasted. When elk season came around we only saw cows, deer, big horn sheep, and other game animals for which we had no license! We didn't see any bull elk at all. License wasted.

I came back to work for the first time today, and was dispatched to put down a wounded deer. 12 gauge slug to the vitals from 30 feet away. Whack! Dead deer, legally killed without a license!

I think instead of spending money on hunting trips I'll stick around the city and wait until the dispatcher hands me freebies like that.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why didn't you turn in the Antelope license for a point?

Not seeing a bull is not wasting a license. It's hunting.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Why didn't you turn in the Antelope license for a point?

Not seeing a bull is not wasting a license. It's hunting.
I got a point anyway because I drew a doe tag and put in for a buck tag. I could have gotten a refund, but the orders came down so fast it totally slipped my mind. It was an unplanned mission.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easy dinner. Wish that we could hunt them in the city. Had 7 of them in my yard yesterday.