Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Ready For Elk Season?

Old 10-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ready For Elk Season?

Are you ready for rifle elk season? I went out during bow season and seen 5 cows and heard 1 bull.Seen a small bear And shot a Whitetail doe.
Been getting ready for rifle season and found this video now Im really pumped and can't wait. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzjpln9_v8c

What do you think of this video? It almost seems like more of an archery hunt!
Hope it gets you wanting to go as bad as it made me want to go.Need to go sight in my rifle.And go through my gear.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

just back from Canadian moose hunt. i have 2 freezers full of meat so i will be looking for a wall hanger on Colorado elk hunt. i have a 4th season tag that should the weather cooperate will put the big bulls down where i can get to them. yes i am pumped. looking for a big year. the Kansas does are safe this year.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Just about set to go.Have to go over to South Dakota for this weekend then when I get back.It will be sight in rifle,load up hunting and elk camp gear and head to the woods to bear hunt and glass for elk.
I love this time of year and meeting up with old hunting friends.Chewing the fat around a campfire and remembering the hunts from days gone by.Bragging about who shot what and going home sore achey and tired with a nice elk and deer rack strapped to the jeep.