Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What kind of hunting suit for fall bear.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Spike

Default What kind of hunting suit for fall bear.

Ok I hunt everything year fall for bear. Usually not but maybe 30 miles away from Lake Superior, so its usually cooler. The season is from the beginning of September to the middle of October. The temperatures usually range from 70 degrees to fourties. Or even sometimes lower. The only hunting suit I have ever used for bear is 2 almost identical insulated hooded coveralls made by Gander Mountain guide series. With a head net, gloves, and boots. They were in realtree hardwoods. The hunting suits are now too small. The problem is I can't find anything like them around me. I went to gander mountain, and all they have is scent lok, or scent blocker. Farm and fleet had some coveralls, but they were all made in a noisy material. Walmart also has no hunting suits. I am not just looking for coveralls, it just has to be nearly 100% quiet. The only thing I seen that I liked was the scent lok full season, but I don't really believe in the scent absorbing capability. Since I am under age I could probably have someone in my family order me something off the internet.
G
Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never worn a suit to hunt.

WOOL