Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Son wins a mulie doe tag!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Spike

Default Son wins a mulie doe tag!

My boy's 2nd year carrying a rifle hunting. He's been part of the hunt a bit longer. Likely be using his 30-30 or a 30-06. The '06 is a bit much, even for a big 10 year-old, though he has been shooting it from the bench very accurately. We both got bear tags, so he feels the urge to throw power/lead at a bear up to his maximum ability! I told him he could choose, but must be able to shoot well with his choice. If not, Dad will tote the '06 and loan it out as required.
We will be going to north-east WA state, about 25-30 miles from the spot where he tagged his first whitetail. On that trip, we saw a mule deer doe that was really huge!
My part will be to help spot, moral support when the goin' gets tough, and lead packer.
Heck, maybe with a bit of luck we will bring home a bear and a deer!