Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

PA - World Record Bear

Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
The deer are getting bigger every year. I wasn't a fan of antler restrictions when they first came out. But, we've been seeing a lot of big bucks since then. And we're seeing bucks over 200lbs every year.

There are a lot of bears in PA and we don't take out too many of them in hunting season. So, a lot of older bears. That makes for some bigguns.
i definitely agree the quality of deer are getting better. my dad just shot an 8 point that probably would score close to 120", and was 200lb. This was on gamelands too. Population is still a little shaky in the NW part of the state where i rifle hunt. but outside the suburbs where the farms start is amazing bowhunting. every year i've seen a buck atleast 130"