Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Impacts of Border Bill on Access to Public Lands (HR 1505)

Old 06-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Spike

Default Impacts of Border Bill on Access to Public Lands (HR 1505)

You guys see this?

Original Article here:
http://www.flyrodreel.com/blogs/tedw...he-border-bill

Some of the America's greatest hunting and fishing is within 100 miles of the border with Canada and Mexico: The Maine North Woods, the Boundary Waters of Minnesota, the Charles M. Russell Wildlife Refuge and Bob Marshall Wilderness of Montana, as well as the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge and Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge; to name just a few. Congress is now considering a poorly worded, overreaching bill that could seriously impact habitat, hunting and fishing access and opportunity across border land states. The legislation is known as the "Border Bill,” (HR 1505) and gives the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) immunity to 36 federal environmental regulations ranging from the Wilderness Act, to the Clean Water Act, to the National Environmental Policy Act. Under HR 1505, DHS would have authority to do anything deemed necessary for national security (including shut down access or open up lands to motorized traffic) on all federal lands within 100 mile of the border. Sportsmen like you would have nothing to say about it. buck

No one disputes the need to keep our borders safe, but 100 miles goes too far and eliminates important checks-and-balances. Even Department of Homeland Security has argued that this proposal is unnecessary.

CALL or EMAIL your Representative in the House by Tuesday, June 19th to let your Representative know that the Border Bill unnecessarily threatens your interest in healthy fish and wildlife habitat.

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

So . . . what happened on June 19 or June 20? Has this been voted on? Is this still an open issue? I agree, I don't like the sounds of this.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Alsatian
So . . . what happened on June 19 or June 20? Has this been voted on? Is this still an open issue? I agree, I don't like the sounds of this.

I am wondering the same thing in reguards to the vote. Was it actually voted on or was it tabled for a later date? Was the bill killed in the house?

Could you give us a follow up on this bill? tbrass
Old 07-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Any news on the results??