Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Non-Res Deer/Lope Posted

Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wyoming Non-Res Deer/Lope Posted

Wyoming has posted the Non Resident Deer and Antelope online

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/hunting-1000589.aspx

Both of my boys drew antelope buck tags, and I drew 2 doe tags for area 50. Can't wait, I love speed goat hunting
Old 06-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately I saw the results a bit earlier - no Red Desert antelope for me this year.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Spike

up!

Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Spike

Default Unit 50

Originally Posted by Jorgy
Wyoming has posted the Non Resident Deer and Antelope online

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/hunting-1000589.aspx

Both of my boys drew antelope buck tags, and I drew 2 doe tags for area 50. Can't wait, I love speed goat hunting
Ditto on goat hunting. Great first hunt for the kids. They blow a stalk and you drive two miles down the road or walk over the next hill and set up again. My son and I also drew unit 50. WGF warden says it's typical - lots of average bucks and a checkerboard of public/private. Have you hunted 50 before? Any hints?
Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Withabow - PM sent to you
Old 06-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Withabow
Ditto on goat hunting. Great first hunt for the kids. They blow a stalk and you drive two miles down the road or walk over the next hill and set up again. My son and I also drew unit 50. WGF warden says it's typical - lots of average bucks and a checkerboard of public/private. Have you hunted 50 before? Any hints?
Took my 1st goat in 50! thought 50 sounded familiar...

cool area to hunt, Saratoga is a cool lil city.

the checkerboards can be annoying, but you should fill your tag!

not much of a trophy unit though less you're on private land, talked to a taxidermist/outfitter who showed us some private land goats that were huge! just sub BC/82"

try to get on some private ground/trespass fee if you can, but if not, you should have a great fun hunt and fill your tags, but I wouldn't be too picky, pass up little guys, but I wouldn't be holding out for a booner.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Spike

Default Unit 50 Goats

Thanks, Saluki. I noticed your post on the unit 7 elk hunt, which I also drew. Can't wait. If you have any more advice on that area I'm all ears.

We're going to unit 50 to have a great time and shoot a couple of 70-inch bucks and maybe try to call in a coyote or two. If we run into a big one that will just be a bonus. Apparently a lot more people are doing the same the past few years. We drew unit 47 with a point two years ago and unit 72 last year with no points. They were both a blast. Between friends and family we took about a dozen bucks - the biggest was just under 80", most around 70". Did you hunt up towards I-80 or closer to Saratoga?