Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Last minute hunt idea?

Old 09-02-2003, 01:05 PM

Default Last minute hunt idea?

A friend of mine just decided he does want to go on a hunt this fall after all... I usually hunt elk in Montana, but given the missed deadlines in it and most of the states for Elk licenses, as well as a limit on our time - I think we' re looking at a 4 day weekend somewhere), I' m not sure what to do or where we can hunt that would be something a bit more exciting and different. I was thinking of a few grand each pricewise.

I was thinking of Northeast Canada for Bear or even caribou, but wasn' t sure of the requirement deadlines and where to even start looking for an outfitter since I' ve always just went to Montana.

Any thought are appreciated!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Last minute hunt idea?

hey, check your PM' s.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:34 PM

Hi Andy,

Hunt Colorado, you can get bull tags over the counter, and find some great area' s to hunt. Call the DOW-Division of wildlife and they can help you out as well, you can also purchase bear tags over the counter as well, that is a thought, and a good bet to enjoy the Rockies

Dr. Mike
Old 09-07-2003, 10:33 AM

If you don' t mind paying the outfitter tag price and hiring and outfitter, you can still get a hunt in Montana. I talked to my outfitter last week and he still had openings. I' m sure there are other outfiitters that have leftover tags as well. I also know of a BC outfitter that had a couple Deer moose combo hunts left. That was last week.

Email me if you want some more info