Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Maine Moose drawing..

Old 06-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by gregkell48
Hey Fellas, I just drew a cow moose tag for wmd3. HELP!! I hate to even tell you that this is my first try at the draw. I thought I was going to have a few years to get all the info but now I have to scramble. I really can't believe my luck. Anyone know anything about the wmd? I pulled "nwk" season. I assume that is november? Please don't hold my good luck against me.
I can tell you that the zone in question is locate way up in Northern Maine. It is on the eastern side of the very top of our state. I know a quite a few guys that have hunted it and had done well. With the total number of antlerless tags that was out for that zone you shouldn't have much of a problem getting one. Be prepared for the work once you get one though.
By the way congrats to you and I wish you some good luck!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Spike

Any idea how to find open/public land to hunt in wmd3? Looking for lodging for Nov. St. Agatha looks to have a few places to stay. On google earth it looks to be a good area of lakes and wet areas with lots of timber. Still can't believe I drew a ta. Even if it is a cow.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by gregkell48
Any idea how to find open/public land to hunt in wmd3? Looking for lodging for Nov. St. Agatha looks to have a few places to stay. On google earth it looks to be a good area of lakes and wet areas with lots of timber. Still can't believe I drew a ta. Even if it is a cow.
Greg,

I can offer some helpful info about District 3. It's a very moosey place. Send me a PM.

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_tra...ng/harvest.htm If you haven't already checked this link, it has the harvest info for the recent past years. It'll show you which towns have provided the most moose.

If you haven,t already got one of these, it'll prove super helpful http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELi...SmzKm%253AS%7E

You're in for a great hunt!

- Jay

Here's my son's bull from 2010

ps. Hi Phil. Been a while eh?

Last edited by hurricane1; 07-04-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes Jay,

It has been quite a while.. I only wished you had some better luck in that other zone you had. I tried to help you but all those signs down that way made your hunt harder than it should of been. That was a very hard zone anyways.I hope all has been going well for you and your family. Feel free to contact me any time..

Greg has a great zone to hunt in now.. If he wants any help I can give him 2 different locations of camp rentals. One is on Long Lake and the other is over to Madaswaska Lake. Both are great locations for his zone.. He can PM if he wants the name of them.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Spike

Good luck on drawing your moose tags