Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

elk hunt

Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, right. LD is always making "wisecracks", as you call them, that appear or are meant to demean people IMHO. Those comments, especially the one he made to withabow, may be as close to calling someone ignorant the way he does it as actually using the word, so I'll stick with my comment and we will agree to disagree!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-07-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Sounds like you're saying luckydog can insult withabow for a post where no state was mentioned and now when the other responds with an accurate statement you're telling him the LD post only meant Colorado, LOL! LD has made two smartazz posts on this thread alone and seems to be good at it, so I would say that when he gets it thrown back in his face he well deserves it---just sayin and JMHO!
Hey, pile it on. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Unfortunately, Colorado is the only place I have ever elk hunted but what a ride.

You guys take this stuff to serious and sometimes I'm a smartazz. Life is good.

Always remember.....Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded BUT IT SURE IS FUN!!

Before you send the PM's, I already know the above statement was not politically correct.

Good hunting and I'll see you on the next thread where CLD makes another smartazz statement.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

"You guys take this stuff to serious and sometimes I'm a smartazz. Life is good.

Always remember.....Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded BUT IT SURE IS FUN!!"

That says it all right there and if you're happy with the way you come across to people on the internet like you evidently are after reading your last post including that quote, then you are to be pitied!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

The sky is blue, the grass is green and animals do change their habits. They adapt to all us smartasses.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That says it all right there and if you're happy with the way you come across to people on the internet like you evidently are after reading your last post including that quote, then you are to be pitied!!!
I'm sorry that I said something that got your panties so twisted. Take two Midol and call me in the morning.

I'm not a doctor but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 06-09-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackelk
The sky is blue, the grass is green and animals do change their habits. They adapt to all us smartasses.
Now that's funny right there!!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Ya both got me a chucklin!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
I just was a readin that other thread about elk huntin, found out I been doing it all wrong, I only been huntin at around 2/3000ft level in the sagebrush....so I guess I can expect my success rate to skyrocket if I hike 20 miles in and climb up to the stratosphere then I can expect to get more than 14 elk in the next 20 years!!! RIGHT????
Old 06-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lowest point in Colorado is around 3400' near the Kansas border.

Not many elk there.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Highest point in Washington is over 14,000ft not many elk there either...I'm just trying to point out to some of these self appointed experts that there IS NO hard and fast rule as to where elk hang out! They are a VERY adaptable animal and becomes accustomed to the area they are in, elk were pretty well scattered all over this country before the white man came and either wiped them all out in a area or drove them out farther and farther into the wilderness! Heck one of the herds we have here in Washington is on the Hanford Nuclear reservation all pretty much flat sagebrush land of a few hundred feet elevation!!!!! gets hotter than hades in the summer but they stay there!!! we've got elk that have never been in the timber, had a herd right down on I-90 between Kittitas and Vantage nothing growing over ten feet high except for wind turbines!!! we talkin 100/150yds off the freeway!!! and we won't even think about the elk on the east side of the country..... they have no Mtns over there at all!!!! Like I said all I was tryin to say is there is no hard fast rule about elk ...they are were they are!!!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah! They can be anywhere. Some of them even like to live in town with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOaJ-wbMoRM