Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wow ... I Losing it !

Old 05-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wow ... I Losing it !

I recently asked for advice about AZ hunter education for a guy my age (63). Why I have no clue? I have been invited to hunt elk on an old football buddy of mine's very large private property in north eastern New Mexico not Arizona. What was I smoking ????

Any way, we have been trying to hook up for about a decade now and are finally going to do so in 2014. Any hunter ed required for NM (other than not showing up in Arizona)?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

You didn't know this when you applied for a NM hunting licence?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

He's not applying to go on his hunt until the 2014 season, LOL!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

As already mentioned I am not going until 2014. I just am stunned that I even had Arizona in my mind. My old beat up football buddy of mine and I had recently run into each other (no pun intended) at a USM home coming event 10 years ago. We have been trying to hook up since. He has a pretty nice sized chunk of land in NE NM ... something like 25,000 acres. Maybe not much of a ranch up that way, but would be a heck of a pile of acreage down this way in Alabama. As I understand it, there is some sort of private land owner license deal out that way ... Lord knows how you guys keep up with all the drawing quirks .... public land here and there .... private land over yonder .... tag this and tag that .... units .... multiple split season dates, etc. ! It is very simple down here in the south (no dumb cracker jokes please) and I prefer it so.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not easy to keep up. I stare at the DOW web site a lot. When I still can't figure it out. I call them up.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

A Hunter Education Number is required only if you are younger than 18 years of age.