Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Ted Nugent

Old 04-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've thought about it all my life as a hunter. If bait and tree/ground stands were the only legal way to hunt. I never would have become a hunter.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Todd1700
The anti's are what they are. They are going to feel just the same no matter what we do or who speaks for us. The people to be concerned about are the huge middle ground of folks out there that do not hunt but yet are not Greenpeace or PETA members either. Why should they concern you? Because they out number us hunters and the anti's combined. And despite not hunting themselves they vote on issues and for politicians that will affect your ability to hunt in this country. I have talked to many of them over the years and have yet to find one that liked Ted Nugent. Not everyone in the hunting community likes Ted and the only people who do like Ted are people who are already firmly in our camp to start with. In other words he draws "NO ONE" to our side that wasn't already there and actively drives the middle ground folks away.

That is why I take every opportunity to tell people that Ted is not my chosen leader or advocate. I have never voted for the man to be anything for me. And I wish that hunting and firearms related organizations would stop giving him honorary positions just because he has a little celebrity status from being in a decent rock band 3 or 4 decades ago.

He acts like a classless redneck goober. Every time I have ever paused for a moment on his show he was shooting some semi-domesticated animal in a pen at the Y&O ranch. He runs a canned hunt operation himself. He is establishing a pattern of violating game laws. Yes, he has only been written up twice but I have heard descriptions of other instances where he should have been and simply was allowed to slide . Probably because of his celebrity status. He's a draft dodger. He has had sex with a very underage girl. A deadbeat dad that refused to pay child support. Ever read one of his books and made note of some of the unethical behavior mentioned in them? Claims of shooting at Bison hundreds of yards away with a 9mm pistol just to list one.

I could go on and on. You guys like who you want, but in my opinion you have to drop your standards pretty low to idolize this guy.
Very good point
Old 04-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

My two cents is that Nugent is not an asset to the shooting or the hunting community, that his net impact is negative rather than positive. He feeds the paranoia of the anti-gun crowd with his outrageous sheenanagans (going on stage with a "machine" gun -- the form of a machine gun -- really? that's supposed to help us out?).

I can understand one hunting regulation error -- we are all subject to error -- but not several. You have to know the laws. You should know the laws. You shouldn't depend on your guides to know the laws. I know it is sometimes complicated and intricate to know these laws, but notwithstanding you should learn them.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

As far as this thread goes it is 7 for the nuge and 17 against the nuge.Looks like we know where hunters stand on this issue.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

In case anyone is interested, he is an interview by Glenn Beck and Ted Nugent.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/ted-nugent-explains-guilty-plea-for-illegal-bear-hunting-in-alaska/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign =Outdoor+Hub
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look real close at that shot on the bear. Try and stop the action when the arrow hits. It was a solid hit.

I'm not buying Ted's crap.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Ted has become the Lindsey Lohan of the hunting community time for him to be put in detox.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

I just now watched the video and here is what i got out of it. We all need to bow down to that patriotic, conservative, enviromentalist man they call ted nugent lol what a joke. Every time he speaks he just brags himself up. I think i will just stick to watching eastmans hunting journal and bowhunter tv.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Hey right or wrong, how many people here have taken on a crowd against dove hunting? Or taken on a crowd for gun control laws? Or baiting laws? Or even the president of the US?

My guess is none. He is where he is at cause he is ted nugent. Like him or hate him, when he opens his mouth people listen, for or against. When he opens his mouth he says what he feels and he is not affraid to say it like it is.

Mabey the NRA will knock on my door wanting me to be the voice of the "NRA", then again, mabey not.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Being a rock star qualifies him for none of this.

Who voted him into this position?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.