Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Ted Nugent

Old 04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
The california deal I thought he was hunting with an outfitter. Shouldn't the outfitter be responsible for letting his hunters know the rules?
No! Otherwise the outfitter would get the charges. The hunter should always know the laws in all the states he hunts.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Don't U have to have a guide in alaska to hunt bear?? I think if U check into it locals can act as guides for friends and family..but the lacals should have known the rules....and as for the California thing he was in the wrong and I bet he knew he was!!!
So he should get a by because he fessed up??? REALLY???? Do U ever wonder how some guys get so many animals in the record books?? A few years back a father and son were busted for killing deer in yellowstone on further investigation it was confirmed that they poached most of their "trophys"....I would say the nuge is in the same boat!!!! How else ya figger he keeps his TV ratings up??? it ain't by not killin animals or killin small animals!!!! just sayin!!!!!! once a poacher always a poacher
Old 04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kswild
Just the facts! Ted Nugent is NOT an advocate for me, I am my own advocate. Nor is he a voice for me, I have my OWN voice. Please if you must judge my hunting lifestyle and those who, like me enjoy pursuing a life in the wild, judge me on my own words, actions and deeds! Ted Nugent is a representative for what NOT to do, say and conduct one's self. A poster child for all things LAME!
Yet the NRA loves this guy. Go figure!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like his music. I don't like the high fence hunts.

I think he is getting a bum rap because he supports our right to own firearms.

I don't think he is very smart and is his own worst enemy.

I also think he made some stupid choices when he was young.

I hope he can find a way to make his point without making hunters or gun owners look bad.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

He's like the celebrity we never really wanted being our spokesperson. I for one think he's just out there. Way out there. Left field over the wall and gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would support the cause of finding someone better to fill his shoes......NRA wake up we don't need him. We are not all wackos
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

While the Nuge does plenty of things that rub me the wrong way I think he's getting a pretty bad rap on this one. What he did was technically wrong, but it was really more of a technicallity than him going out and deliberately poaching. Obviously he wasn't aware he was in the wrong, because the whole incident was filmed and broadcast. I don't know how many of you have looked at the Alaska hunting regs, but they are extremely long, complex, and constantly changing. I read them religiously every year and I still find things I was unaware of. Don't forget that the media has an extreme liberal bias and they're more than happy to try and crucify anybody that's pro-hunting pro-second amendment, like Nugent. Ted pled guilty, he'll take his punishment and that's that.

How many of you have never inadvertantly broken a game law? Anybody that says they haven't, either hasn't done much hunting, or is about as believeable as somebody who says they've never driven over the speed limit. Bottom line is we all make mistakes.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

you are right that you are responsible for your own actions. And if you screw up own up to it. And he did in both places.

Is he out there???? ABSOLUTLY but who else is going to be this big of an advocate. Should the guy have a filter on what he says, mabey. But alot of what he says we/outdoorsman agree with.

oh, and the father and son who poached animals for the record book. This guy shot a spike buck and put it on tv. And then he hit a bear found no blood and shot and killed one and put it on tv. Not even close to the same thing. There is a difference between making a mistake and poaching.

and again, I absolutly agree that not knowing the law is an excuse for breaking it but there are different levels of law breakers.

oh boy AK jeff, nicely put. But the last time I tried making a point about the average guy breaking the rules it turned into a ****storm.

Last edited by WNYhunter; 04-24-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: more
Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

+1 AK Jeff and WNYhunter!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

We only know about the times he got caught.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Nugent pled guilty today:

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story...w_left_bullets

"I would never knowingly break any game laws," Nugent told the court. "I'm afraid I was blindsided by this, and I sincerely apologize to everyone for this."

Nugent told the court he wanted to make numerous PSAs to keep the interest level up, "so it's not just the same statement." Thompson said that would be fine, as long as the PSAs were approved before airing.

Seems to me like Ted's taking his punishment like a man, he apologized, and he's offering to do more than required as far as PSA's to spread the message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.