Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bass Pro' s Outdoor World TV Show...

Old 08-28-2003, 04:40 PM

Default Bass Pro' s Outdoor World TV Show...

I just got done watching this on OLN - anybody see the particular episode? Bob Foulkrod ended up stalking a mulie buck that had bedded down, and when he couldn' t get a better shot, made a back of the head / high neck shot with his muzzleloader.

I' d just been reading threads here and on other forums about how people wanted more ' realistic' hunting shows, and this one just struck me. First, I wouldn' t expect most of these hunting shows to get down out of a tree, but then to make a standing muzzleloader shot to the back of his trophy' s head? Very, very cool to see him immediately after the shot, just absolutely out of his head with excitement. I think I' ll try to catch more of this show.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bass Pro' s Outdoor World TV Show...

I saw the same episode last sunday morning(every weekend my twin boys and I watch the hunting shows.They are 3 and are hunting fanicts)it was funny I was watching and he kept sitting on stands and ground blinds and I yell " why don' the stalk the damn thing" next thing he did is started stalking it.Spectacular shot I thought it was one of the better ones I' ve watched.Kudo' s to Bass Pro
Old 08-29-2003, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Bass Pro' s Outdoor World TV Show...

I saw that episode and liked it alot. That was a real life hunt, taking a shot that the rest of poor schlubs are stuck most of the time. I wish more of the hunting shows would show a full stalk hunt like that. I watch every huning show that comes on and I like to take something out of it. I wish more of these shows would stress stand placement and the fundementals of of hunting instead of the typical " killing shot" shows. We all know that these guys are human and miss a shot or have to track animal more than the 50 yds they show on TV. I say go ahead and show bad shots and tracking process. That' s what makes better hunters!!