Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Hunting in Utah

Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Spike

Default Elk Hunting in Utah

From experience, some of the largest elk I have ever seen are in the Utah mountains and low-lying deserts. Anyone ever been elk hunting in Utah?

Check these guys out. Utah elk hunting guides at Leeder Hunting start their elk hunts in late August through mid-September. Some of the elk these guys find are GIGANTIC!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Spike

I have Hunted mostly the northern part of Utah. Mainly the Cache and the Meadowville units. The North and South Cache units HAD some dandy bulls. The DWR has increased the number of tags in the last 2 years and plan to increase them even more!!! This has shot the quality of the bulls right in the ---. There were many 370 plus bulls taken off of these units and one that went 408!!! A thing of the past now.
The Meadowville unit is 90% Private. I am friends with the owner though so I have an iside that most people don't get. They had a hunter kill a 400 inch bull with a rifle this last season though. A real stud with outstaning tops.
I am saving my points for the Meadowville area. My buddies are trying for the Fillmore Pavant unit as it seems to be one of the best in the state.