Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Caribou hunt pictures

Old 08-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Caribou hunt pictures

Thought I' d share some pictures from our caribou hunt last month. All 4 bulls were shot on August 2nd. We only had a couple of days to hunt, so we pretty much shot the first bulls we saw. My brother was the only one hunting for a nice rack, so we held out on a couple of smaller bulls before we found a nice one for him.
Mine and my dads bulls were shot a few minutes apart using his 30-06 with 180 grain noslers. My brother shot his bull with my .243 and 100 grain bullets, and my godfather shot his bull with his 30-06 and 180 grain bullets.
My bull

My dads little bull

My godfathers bull

Me and my brother with his nice bull.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:11 AM

Default RE: Caribou hunt pictures

Let the jealous comments begin.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the feeling-I took my son a few years back when i produced a informational video on Quebec caribou hunting-we took some fine bulls. this is my 1st Bow killed caribou.

Old 08-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

the video

Old 08-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ahunter, what type of camcorders did you use for the video' s? I am picking up a canon xl1 next week for my hunting and outdoors stuff.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!!
Old 08-25-2003, 06:14 PM

Nice pictures but you are torturing me. [:' (] I just moved from Alaska and I' m missing the caribou hunts.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Canon your getting is excellent. I have 2 Panasonic ag-456s but am upgrading 2 of my other cameras to the Canon GL2 for the digital. My studio editing equipt. can use either & my editing equipt. can make most poor video look great-but then, thats another $20,000 +.
Good luck.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ahunter, after doing some more research, I decided to go with the Sony DSR PD-150 rather than the XL1. I plan to start off by hiring a digital editor, but eventually I will do my own editing. The prices climb pretty quick when you start looking at good quality editing equipment. I' ll start out doing some minor in house editing, but I' ll have to see where it all goes first before diving in too deep.

Shot High, I just moved out of Alaska too, but we are still residents, and I will still spend half the year there. We moved to Las Vegas so my wife could finish college at UNLV, then we are planning to move back to either Anchorage or Juneau.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Jerry,

Nice pictures there!!! I tried to email you at your home but it didnt go through. Could you toss me a email with your new phone number at home there? I want to give you a shout when i get some time. After all its been awhile since i called and talked to your wife and we made fun of you.......

Don

Quick Reply: Caribou hunt pictures

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.