Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What would you pay for a service like this?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dig4gold
Sounds like a great idea, but what do you think it should cost?
(Their advertised price is about $150.00)
Over priced by about $149.99. Penny for yer thoughts
Old 02-20-2012, 09:16 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by handloader1
I would use the service if I had no time to scout, or do not know the area. Good luck
Agreed. About fifteen years ago I drew my first AZ elk tag in an area where I'd never hunted before. I saw an ad for a retired warden who would personally scout the area. In today's money it was around $400, and it was worth every penny. I never got an elk, but had some action and learned a lot. If your guy offers a similar service (and doesn't give the same info to 100 other guys), it might be worth the $ he's asking.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure he'll give out the info to anybody who will pay for it.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Spike

I would have to say it is pretty much like any service in hunting, If they are totally for real it is probably worth the money, after all it is easy to put over $100 worth of fuel in a truck for a weekend of scouting. Talk to a few people (quite a few) who have used their service, for $150 I think if it helped at all it would be worth the money but that does not mean I would not gather much of this info before applying for a tag.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Spike

I do that sort of thing for folks, and there's a "Donation" button on the website. I figure if I can get a little beer money out of it - why not!

But seriously, yes, most of the information I have is free anyway. It's usually a time management thing. I'm on the ground. I have the info at my fingertips. So I've done that leg work.

Some people consider hours googling stuff on the web, and using google earth as part of the hunt. I know I do. I love it, and that's why I do it for others.

I will be doing a similar kind of package for Idaho elk hunts (and maybe deer this year), but it will probably be priced about $140 less.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

I say if it works for you man, go for it!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Terasec
AgrEe
I would be a $10 map
Go to a local bar, buy some guys a round of $3 beers, take out the map. And say hey I'm thinking of hunting this area,
Bet they will circle all sorts of hot spots for you.
That's down right funny...I did just that a couple years ago in upstate NY. Found a couple guys wearing camo and brought a pitcher of beer to the table with a map. They had two areas they suggested near by, went out the next day and shot a nice 6pt.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

This thread is what is wrong with hunting. Everyone is trying to get rich and break it off in the hunters ass. It's a sad thing to watch a great sport go downhill so fast.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
This thread is what is wrong with hunting. Everyone is trying to get rich and break it off in the hunters ass. It's a sad thing to watch a great sport go downhill so fast.
Really??!! So helping out another hunter is not in your vocabulary? You wouldn't object then if it were free?
I think it is a genuine atempt at one hunters ability to help another to be successful and if that hunter is willing to pay a small fee for that success, then so be it.
One helping another . . . that's what this site is all about for most of us!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Should we all get paid for helping out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.